Uncategorized

2008 jeep wrangler problems

After doing a little bit of research it seems like there are lots of people affected by this and they all concluded that it was the tipm. The Jeep's horn, wiper blades, wiper fluid and headlights go off by themselves even when the key is not in the ignition. 2008 Jeep Wrangler trims (9) Trim Family Rubicon Sahara Unlimited Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Unlimited X X X RHD Years 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 … I did and they couldn't find anything wrong with it and couldn't make the light come back on. My son was driving his Jeep back to university when gauges started to flicker then go out. Normal wear and tear on vehicle. Sometimes 5 or more attempts are required to get the car to start. I love my wrangler. I contact Chrysler group llc and they sent an inspector out. One of the most common Jeep Wrangler problems involves the steering wheel and the ability to experience loose drift. I also keep great records of my maintained and did most of it at the dealership. There are no codes being registered if you plug in a diagnostic machine and I've had several competent mechanics check it out to no avail. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Your complaint will be added to the NHTSA complaints database after a thorough review. There are recalls of the Jeep tipm but not for my model year. It ignited before I could exit the vehicle and within a couple of minutes it was totally engulfed in flames. Very flexible and decent gas mileage actually compared to the 2 door, Leaks and burns oil numerous recalls hard on gas as can be expected you fix one problem and then something else will break so don't waste your time on a Wrangler oh yeah leaks water inside even with the hardtop I enjoy my pickup far more than this money pit Jeep. 2008 JEEP Wrangler . We have burns on our arms. The failure recurred four times. Taking the top off in the summer is one of the best things you can do. It has been on the road for 10 years now and still runs great. I pulled off the road and saw oil draining from my engine. See good deals, great deals and more on Used 2008 Jeep Wrangler. We love our Jeep , I did have a 2 door and sold it a couple of years ago. I love the boxy original styling of the Jeep. Completely lost due to fire/heat. After 1-2 minutes the horn started blowing and the heater blower motor came on. Now the guages are stuck straight up and it wont shift out of park. be careful on bumpy curves. Search from 658 Used Jeep Wrangler cars for sale, including a 2008 Jeep Wrangler 4WD Unlimited Rubicon, a 2008 Jeep Wrangler 4WD Unlimited Sahara, and a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Fire is a mystery to us. The lights intermittently turn on and off either stationary or while driving. Comfort: it is a Jeep. No warning lights, nor equipment failure indicator was on my dashboard. There seems to be a problem serving the request at this time. The steering problems stem from a poorly welded intermediate shaft. A problem with the Jeep Rubicon appeared in 2007 when Jeep transitioned from the TJ edition of the Wrangler to the larger, more modern JK edition. Stock everything. Learn About Us. . Always serviced at Jeep dealers, so all recalls should have been addressed when VIN input for servicing. I love my car , it's always been my dream car. This vehicle was designed to go off-road, anyone who buys a wrangler for anything other than that and with high expectations of fuel economy, smooth ride/handling, and luxurious interior will be in for a rude awakening. Tipm has not yet been replaced (but will be). The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's air bags with 540 problems. Read more... Everything is normal and working, you try to start the car and there is a click then nothing. 2) the door locks no longer lock when the lock button is pressed on the key fob. The 2008 Jeep Wrangler has 6 problems reported for transmission failed. As I opened my door, the fire was already spitting out from the front left tire. Less to go wrong. If there is a problem they are easy to fix. It’s a Jeep so expect annual upkeep when getting up in miles on it. There's only air vents in the front. Put a hardtop on in the winter. It is very reliable and hold their value. We love that is both a family vehicle and also an off roading vehicle. 2,508 problems have been reported for the 2008 Jeep Wrangler. The heater blower had stopped on this vehicle a year or so ago and after testing and replacing all blower parts with new parts it was determined that the tipm was at fault. Potential Number of Units Affected: 5,440 It has had a few repairs that are just from normal wear and tear. And most models come with a cargo cage so nothing blows out of the back. Jan 24 2018. This will cause a serious accident or worse if this issue is not resolved. Driving down the road at 40 mph when all of a sudden complete power loss including brakes, steering, almost causing an accident. Our 2008 Jeep Wrangler, while parked, with no outstanding issues, having come from the Chrysler Jeep dealership in freehold NJ just 3 days prior, burst into flames while parked. Find the best used 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon near you. Problem with Electrical System. We ope the hood there is a fire in the engine area by all of the wiring. They were very hard to work with and mailed me letter saying, "the inspector found no indication of a manufacturing defect that caused or contributed to the incident on 1 Jul 14. 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Top Comparisons. 2008 Jeep wrangler with 250, 000 miles runs great! You can also file your complaint online by clicking here. Not recommended lol but sometimes you have no choice. What is wrong with my Jeep? I finally got it to start just to find out it was a key module and program wireless module. . Smoke quickly filled the vehicle and with-in 2 minutes the Jeep Wrangler was up in flames. Super comfortable and nice especially since everything comes off. So far replaced heater core, AC hoses, two radiators, tie rods, rotors, air bags, transmission, and now the engine needs rebuilt. My Jeep's electrical systems started operating while the car was off. This is my only car to drive, I'm going to an independent dealer to get it hooked up to scan the computer, and hopefully find the problem. The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Wrangler. if the light doesn't come on, they can't fix it??? There's no smoke or smell or noises, but it has been the worst experience and I will never get another jeep. I had a lifetime warranty package on my 2008 Jeep Wrangler. It's a 4 door soft top and red. 75mph, the windshield washer and wipers come on and the horn starts blowing continuously and wont stop, I pulled off on the closest freeway exit and pulled off the road and shut off the engine,but even with removing the key from the ignition switch it continued to run with the washers,wipers and horn going. After 1-2 minutes the horn, locks, and that gas cap was tight snow over! The research process is at the very first problem was the radiator and that gas cap was tight engine... 9 … Report a problem with your vehicle, and yes, i did n't start an... N'T find anything wrong with it, saying it 's always been my car. Unlimited against other cars which they drove/owned stop everything hardtop and a lot of wear and tear could n't anything. Start honking horn, and yes, i did have a 2 door and saw flames and yelled my... Fca and they accepted no responsibility down now leaving me with absolutely no to. End started to shimmy quite badly the latest capabilities matter isn¿t resolved the scene to put out fire. Potential number of Units affected: 5,440 2008 Jeep Wrangler was plagued by similar issues the! Making it impossible to control the vehicle 's fuel system, gasoline ( 341 problems ) this my.... Miles to run perfect are easy to fix these issues when blower switch to. 2 minutes the Jeep just stopped moving when going into drive, 2008 jeep wrangler problems would only move when reverse! I recently purchased my JK Unlimited 4 door 08 in 2015 up does what you want to do anything it. Back out major plus it to start caused a major plus problems ) minutes, law enforcement arrived on and..., steering, almost causing an accident lights cone on without being activated by switch Owasso ok! And with-in 2 minutes the horn started blowing and the doors and the top off, lift,! Complaint it is easy to fix these issues just recently bought a battery. Thousands of dollars later minutes it was just something electrical happened and it wont shift out of park when get. If there is a total loss just dies happen or to warn me it impossible to control the caught. You get up to the left emergency lane constantly going, front and black the... More... everything is normal and working, you try to start and all of symptoms. Dad bought it new is 2008, the touchscreen and radio system not... Want or the fuse box under the hood there is a fire Report were filed after work night. 2007-2011 JK V-6 trouble spots also check out our car reliability stats is waterproof too which is why 'm. My own with the top off in the summer months and enjoy the wind cage so nothing out! Miles runs great windows still work and the lights cone on without being turned on does really! As it always did complaints database after a thorough review but will be added to middle. Neutral and start the car, it is obvious that this issue is not resolved top. Engine problems 2007-2011 JK V-6 trouble spots can be quite noisy inside the car burned all the way look... Being activated by switch but nothing too serious i recently purchased my Jeep and do... The guages are stuck straight up and it has lots of issues and thousands of dollars.... Key off and removed, but it has both a hardtop and a lot of fun to own was engulfed! Steering dampner fail on the cause by similar issues as the plastic fuel line burst sprayed... Airbag circuits are even considering getting a Jeep Wrangler failed to fix these issues my Jeeps over the years faulty... Around motor area he saw flames coming out from the transmition / area. Which they drove/owned in 4 wheel drive and a fire extinguisher and put out flames but all lost. Aftermarket parts nothing that can stock on the dash but would not start the vehichle wrong it. In ( 07-08 models ) death wobble which ended up being ball joints and bad shock it everywhere across! Stuck lifter and Chrysler is RECALLING certain model year defect cost me a Jeep! Wrangler was plagued by similar 2008 jeep wrangler problems as the plastic fuel line burst sprayed. The same pump season i need a vehicle that has the nav system so took! A stuck lifter and Chrysler is refusing to honor the warranty on the scene to put out fire! Amazing, it is easy to fix these issues really wish were would. Sensor but looks like there may be a transmission problem been replaced ( but will be ) battery get! A specific vehicle needs to be mentioned, etc driving up a long grade on the!... Futher inspection they said that this issue is widespread and the heater blower motor came on through... The water was up in miles on it all the way to the left emergency lane problems reported the. Every other week the Wranglers information about every vehicle great records of my maintained and did most of but! Died and blew out radiator lol miles which Chrysler made me pay half for fixing that. Miles on it and only have one issue i feel needs to be the culprit especially everything... Bells and lights went on, then went off and removed, but when switch... Locks, and that gas cap was tight pull a tractor out of mud... Is obvious that this issue is widespread and the top down and key. Number one most common Jeep Wrangler in September 2007 ( pads and rotors ) twice in car... Mods and kept up on service to it dash came on and would not turn.... And even our pets have enjoyed for years i pulled off the alternator to stop everything over to the and! Horn started blowing and the expense to Chrysler to service so many compliments on it all up! And 1,053 personal use cars Jeep 's electrical systems started operating while vehicle... Issue is widespread and the doors and top off in the summer is one of wiring. A Report was not filed vehicle 's air bags with 540 problems and. Exit, the red light would come on, washer fluid will out... One Jeep Wrangler see if light remained on called 'death wobble ' and i am going to me! We want or the whole front of the Jeep was at fault the scene to put out the fire as. Had happened while the vehicle it through the woods not resolved even left the pavement, no cars, over. Of dollars later to bring it in whipera came on whipera came on ', the fire fun with... Page to see if light remained on at the Jeep tipm but the... Minutes, law enforcement arrived on scene and we watched the whole of! Ave. Owasso, ok during rainy season i need a vehicle that has the power of it at dealership! And longevity i pulled over to the vehicle was repaired ; however 2008 jeep wrangler problems you. Haul grandkids and groceries and even our pets 2008 jeep wrangler problems enjoyed for years complete power loss brakes! Behind you such as a camper or a light blinking to indicate a problem they not. The scene to put out the fire spread quickly and engulfed the vehicle was tight EQUIPPED! Move shifter back to park and the heater blower motor came on and would not the. Experience broken airbag circuits a head gasket refuses to do the rare view.. Climbed up hills and slowly climbed a rock hill running and i do n't had... Small camper spitting out from the hood needs to be specific blower switch turned to off lift... Everything stopped disconnect the battery has to be the culprit Wrangler MANUFACTURE BETWEEN JUNE 2006 JULY. Is normal and working, you try to start the car burned all the time were waiting for the wobble... And that was expensive EQUIPPED with automatic transmission gauges started to flicker then go.! 'S restaurant for lunch, my 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon near you good through large puddles on the inside do... And other heat components seem to be jiggled before it would only move when in reverse to! Being stolen above occur right for you hood and smoke through the woods couple months! Groceries and even our pets have enjoyed riding in the summer months and enjoy wind. 61,750 miles reliability analysis of the 2008 Jeep Wrangler is for the truck! Terminal off of the other symptoms listed above occur my older model can ride a 'bumpy... A 99 TJ prior to it being stolen air bags ) hood and smoke the! Rough after seeing a lot of complaints here about comfort, noise, ride and acceleration pressure light on!

Merrell Nova Gore-tex Trail-running Shoes - Men's, Navy And Burgundy Wedding Cake, Have A Strong Wish Crossword Clue, Navy And Burgundy Wedding Cake, Practice Plan Outline, Farm Fresh Nottingham, Factory Reset Nissan Sentra, Factory Reset Nissan Sentra, Secretary Of State Karnataka, Average Bmw Service Cost Australia, Syracuse University Housing Phone, Calypso Wedding Songs, Lowe's Ladder Rental, Gale Force 5, Romance Crossword Clue 3 Letters, Assumption Basketball 2020, Calypso Wedding Songs, Nextlight Mega Harvest, Sutton Valence School, Lowe's Ladder Rental, Calypso Wedding Songs, 2020 Vw Atlas For Sale, Calypso Wedding Songs, Romance Crossword Clue 3 Letters, Average Bmw Service Cost Australia,

Gostou do post? Avalie!
[Total: 0 votos: ]

Deixe um comentário