Uncategorized

2008 to 2009 nfl playoffs

All on the East Coast. Check out the home regular-season records: 1990-99: 1,387-939-2 (.596) Patriots 4. Weird comparison, but I was watching "Basic Instinct" the other night and thinking about how insane it was that Sharon Stone -- who put herself on the Smoking Hot Map in 1984 with "Irreconcilable Differences" -- toiled away for eight solid years before "Instinct" made her a superstar. Revelation No. Tarvaris Jackson is the starting quarterback for the Vikings, who allowed the 7th most sacks during the year. 2007: 82-75 You think Philly is afraid of Dallas' goofy stadium this weekend? The Colts mailed a Polaroid of a middle finger to their fans in Week 16, but the road to Super Bowl 44 still goes through them.

In the old days, the Patriots feasted on teams that killed themselves. You're right. Although it SEEMS like they're doing business. One could argue that they have been one of the best teams in the league this year. This weekend not only capped off the first weekend of the New Year, but was the beginning of the 2008 – 2009 NFL Playoffs. Atlanta, meanwhile, was only 4-4 on the road and they weren’t even competitive in losses at Tampa Bay, at Philadelphia and at Carolina. However, you would think most players would instinctually want to get to the Gatorade sooner rather than later. You never want your team to be too pleased with itself (like the 2001 Rams or 2007 Pats) or overconfident for dubious reasons (see Ryan's quote above). I'm just not sure which team is Sammi and which team is Ronnie. Expect sacks, fumbles, interceptions, and possibly even a Gus Frerotte sighting. Hey, Wade, show me everything you have, I'll keep it relatively simple and take some shots downfield, and if it doesn't happen, we'll unleash the real playbook and all our blitzes next week.

1993: 65-81

Is it really better to watch a Pats game from the third deck, a million miles from the field, than it is sitting on your sofa in front of a 50-inch plasma with HD?

The Cowboys may have spoiled the Superdome mystique in Week 15, but that doesn't mean the Superdome still can't swing the NFC title. We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. I was a coin-flip and a few questionable calls in overtime away from sitting at 4-0. In these 8 home games, Kurt Warner had a 105.5 QB rating, which included 17 touchdown passes and only 5 interceptions. Marino's prime extended 13 years; Manning hits Year 13 next season. This one should be interesting but I like the ‘Over’. Key Player(s): Can Baltimore's passing attack come through in a nail-biter? Their 5 losses? Each of their wins were convincing – no lucky wins. With hundreds of props offered all over the Internet, I have narrowed down my selections to the 7 which I think have the best value.

They’re loaded on both sides of the ball – 4, Super Bowl 2009 – Picks and Props – Best Bets, AFC and NFC Championship Games, 2009 – Picks, NFL 2009 Playoff Picks – Divisional Round, NFL Playoffs 2009 – Wildcard Weekend – Picks. Second, I don't think they have Ganz Corollary potential because of their agonizing loss to Pittsburgh in Week 15, which happened just late enough that it left the right kind of sour taste for the postseason. Arizona ranked 31st in rushing yards per attempt while Pittsburgh’s defense ranked 1st in rushing yards allowed per attempt. If we lose to Favre three times in one season, that will be the worst thing that happened here since Dahmer. Beware of hyperbole for the sake of hyperbole.

I don’t trust Collins at all against the Baltimore defense. Minnesota, meanwhile, I have a feeling is just happy to be in the playoffs after their playoff-clinching field goal against the Giants’ backups.

Despite his great season, Matt Ryan is still a rookie, and he’s playing his first playoff game on the road. Normally, I would trust the process and take the Cardinals here. Revelation No. They blew winnable games in New England and Pittsburgh because of dropped passes, and Joe Flacco looked slightly overwhelmed in big spots against the Steelers (the first time), Colts and Packers. Also, if Roethlisberger throws zero touchdown passes (which happened 5 times), you get your money back.

Finally, I have a feeling that the game will feel like a home game for the Steelers.

(By the way, I'm devastated that none of these Round 1 games could be compared to J-Woww, the brawling boozer with up-and-down looks who compared herself to a praying mantis because she likes to effectively rip guys' heads off after she has sex with them. If a few bounces or calls went their way, they could have easily been at least 12-4. 2: The old adage of "you win in January by running the football and stopping the run" is dead.

Are you a Stathead, too? Even though the Chargers have won 4 in a row, none of them were against playoff teams and one of them included a lucky come-from-behind win against Kansas City. Manning should have a field day against this pass defense. Manning moved a tad better, Marino had a little bit more of a cannon, but you beat both of them by collapsing their pocket and forcing them to hurry throws. The Packers are healthier and peaking at the right time; their 2009 road record was better than Arizona's 2009 home record. The rest of the season is for him. Could a guy who holds challenge flags like hand grenades and stares at the 2-point conversion chart like it's written in Swahili also have a devious/ingenious side? Pro-Football-Reference utilizes Official NFL data for current NFL seasons. Possible Tragic Figure Not Named Sanchez: Brad Smith. For those of you unfamiliar with the format of the NFL playoffs, the first week always features 4 wild card teams with 2 from the AFC and 2 from the NFC. I'm talking about big-picture revelations that should have improved my ability to pick this weekend's playoff games. And that's what Rex Ryan doesn't seem to understand. The Ravens have scored at least 24 points in 9 of their final 11 games and at least 33 in 5 of them. A little motivation goes a long way. Suddenly they're an enticing underdog pick. They’re pretty good. Key Player: Donovan McNabb. Possible Playoff Doppelganger: Colts-Pats from January 2004. Over 45 seconds left remaining on clock when team tries to dump Gatorade on coach (-135) – The only way the Gatorade dumping occurs with less than 45 seconds left is if the outcome of the game is still in question at that point, which usually is not the case in the Super Bowl. Because they only need to prevail in one nail-biter to get over that "there's something missing with us" hump. Good God almighty. You are currently browsing the archives for the NFL Playoffs 2009 (2008 Season) category. I can't remember a more polarizing NFL career. Actual Game: Steelers -6.5 vs. Arizona (-110) – The Steelers offense has the edge over the Arizona defense – Pittsburgh will be able to run on them and Roethlisberger will be able to throw on them. My most logical reasoning in picking the Colts in this game is that Peyton Manning is incredible and that he has a better than 50% chance of winning this game, especially considering that San Diego was an inconsistent 8-8 team and ranked 31st in the league in passing yards allowed per game. the official stats partner of the NFL. In the era of hyperbole, you have to be careful not to be swayed too easily. I just can’t imagine Miami having much success on offense. To wit. Data Provided By Or at least in the top 200. 1 Comment | NFL Playoffs 2009 (2008 Season) | Tagged: afc championship, cardinals, eagles, nfc championship, nfl playoffs, ravens, steelers | Permalink Posted by kornstein999 NFL 2009 Playoff Picks – Divisional Round January 10, 2009.

Anquan Boldin will have first reception (+450) – Even if there was a 50/50 chance that Arizona receives the opening kickoff, these would appear to be generous odds.

Here are my picks for Wildcard Weekend: Despite faltering down the stretch, Arizona was still 6-2 at home for the season. Do you have a blog? Even at -340, this line is money. Research courtesy of ESPN and vegasinsider.com. Well, I really like them. Six? 08.00 Indianapolis vs. San Diego-----NBC Result: San Diego won Indianapolis 23-17; Jan 4, 2009 . The Steelers have too much pride to lose 2 home playoff games in 2 consecutive years without a win. You know the rest.

Good value here. Baltimore’s defense? The Jets want to make it through this game without Sanchez having to make any plays … but the Bengals know this. Now, Wes Welker's soul-crushing injury and news of Brady's various injuries restored the natural order for them: They went from overrated and undefinable to slightly underrated and definable. The tools were there. Every time it seemed like she might take off ("Action Jackson," "Total Recall"), it just didn't take. The Cowboys aren't as good as it looked last week; the Eagles aren't nearly as bad. These aren't teams in 2010 as much as volatile stocks.

Beyond that, don't forget about the effects of hyperbole for the "Nobody Believes In Us!" I would also call the coaching matchup about even, but possibly a slight edge to Arizona – Remember that Ken Whisenhunt coached with the Steelers two years ago – he knew a lot of their tendencies although I’m not sure how relevant that is anymore, but Arizona did upset Pittsburgh last year during the regular season. The answer should be yes. Of their 6 losses, they had a chance to either win or tie FOUR of them in the final minutes. The Colts have Peyton Manning and have won 9 in a row so how can you not take them in a ‘pickem’ against San Diego.

1 Comment | NFL Playoffs 2009 (2008 Season) | Tagged: afc championship, cardinals, eagles, nfc championship, nfl playoffs, ravens, steelers | Permalink And third, two playoff matchups seemed to have been predestined since the middle of the season: "Pats-Colts II: Fourth and Another Two" and "Favre-Packers III: Apocalypse Now." AP Defensive Rookie of the Year: Brian Cushing. Huh???? Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. A couple of beats pass, then Cates shoots him about 370 more times. Miami is the lowest scoring team in the playoffs. I can't believe it … I got shot. Cardinals 4. Revelation No. This Game As a "Jersey Shore" Character: Pauly D. No real surprises in store, but you will be entertained. Key Player: I don't know what kind of quarterback Mark Sanchez will be five years from now.

This wasn't true. It’s not happening two years a row. They’re pretty good. Football Outsiders had him ranked 38th out of 46 QBs; generous considering he was in the cushiest situation of any bad QB. Chargers 3. Miami is the lowest scoring team in the playoffs.

Dubai College Parent Portal, Hear My Cry Oh Lord Lyrics, Endless Alleluia Chords Steffany Gretzinger, Portal 2 Walkthrough, Moloney Boxing, Devil Incarnate Synonym, Doing The Sponge Lyrics, Canadian Obituaries, Dexters Lab Meme Accent, Notre Dame Florida State 2020 Score, Leticia Vasquez-wilson, Bubble Prints With Food Coloring, Ridiculous Facts About Animals, What Is A Lowrider Dog, Sylvain Chomet Triplets Of Belleville, I've Got Joy, Reflection Essay About Typhoon Yolanda, Typhoon Mujigae, Mexican Holidays Celebrated In America, Where Was Sheba, Baby Filmed, Collège De Paris Ranking, Parliament Today Video, Theneighborhoodtalk2 Ig, What Is Hotter Than The Sun, The Mask Making, Nura Nall, The Saffron Con Pokeflix, Liberty Mutual Covid, One Nation, One Tax Meaning,

Gostou do post? Avalie!
[Total: 0 votos: ]

Deixe um comentário