Uncategorized

aaron maybin artwork

Penn State dropped its home opener to Ohio State, falling to 0-2 on the season. To those thinking Maybin’s merely a former football player being provocative for the sake of being provocative are wrong — he’s been the same person even when he became the 11th overall pick of the 2009 NFL Draft.

Maybin is no longer a football player; the former Nittany Lion standout is a brilliant artist. As big of a part as [art] is, as much as I love it and as big a future as I see for myself, I still have a great love for this game and I have a lot of football left and there are still a whole lot of things I feel like I want to accomplish," Maybin said. He could’ve never played a down of competitive football in his life, and he’d still be the artist you see today. Larry Poncho Brown, Charles Bibbs and Jean Michel Basquiat are Maybin's major influences from the art world, but his family also played a major role. As Maybin said, it all starts on a college campus; this is the arena where these tough discussions need to be had. He is majoring in Broadcast Journalism, and as an avid sports fan, he passionately supports the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres. There’s nothing fake about Maybin’s platform or his message.

His love of painting was featured on the the third episode of HBO's Hard Knocks, and the 25-year-old had previously sold his work for up to $20,000, according to ThePostGame.com.

Only people who want to discuss these issues will go down and do so. Because it’s Maybin’s goal to get people to not only process the images and their undertones, but he wants them to take action. Maybin’s artwork is visually stunning — that’s part of its appeal. His impact in the Baltimore community far exceeds anything he did on a football field — that’s because those are the relationships that matter. Of course, that’s easier said than done, but isn’t it worth it?

“But they don’t need to have these discussions.

That opened the door for Aaron Maybin to do the same. 18 Penn State vs. No. From a spooky blue moon to College GameDay’s triumphant return, here’s a few things we noticed this weekend. That’s how we move forward as a society. He thinks that part of the issue is social media; sure, the various social platforms may connect us, but they’ve been just as integral in allowing people a different kind of platform — one that allows people to merely “retreat back into their silos,” and lose touch.

Maybin was selected as the 11th overall pick in the 2009 NFL draft by the Buffalo Bills as a former All-American defensive end at Penn State University.

Maybin chalks up this obvious divide — a rift in our nation, so to speak — to a few things. Natty Nittany “The kids in the city of Baltimore, not only do they know me, but they have my number. But his art doesn’t merely exist for a wandering eye to gaze at — it exists to evoke real, human emotion. All Rights Reserved. He is the first Penn Stater from his family, and couldn’t be prouder to represent Penn State University. It’d be easy to portray things that are easy to discuss or talk about — but if that was the case, what would be Maybin… Yes, there’ll be discussions on campus and meetings among certain groups, but typically those can represent those silos Maybin spoke about.

“The transition [from football to art] was just in a time,” Maybin said. He was a first round pick out of Penn State after recording 12 sacks his redshirt sophomore season that ultimately resulted in a Rose Bowl loss to USC. 18 Penn State Haunted By No. “I was really proud when Ann reached out to me to put on this show,” Maybin said. Former NFL player Aaron Maybin now works as an elementary school art teacher, artist, and community activist. "I was drawing and painting before I was talking, but growing up my parents were always interested in art," Maybin said. I want people who need to have these discussions to come down and feel these emotions so that they can start having these tough conversations.”.

What better way to foster a climate of understanding or civil discourse than from a simple picture and a message. "My phone was off when the show aired, but when I cut it back on I had a huge surplus of [alerts] coming to us so I could tell something was going on," Maybin said. 11 overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, says some teammates are surprised because art isn't the usual off-field hobby for a football player, but they have also been receptive, even saying that teammates in both college and the pros have purchased Maybin's artwork. “I remember I was sitting in Nittany Apartments with all of my roommates —  me, NaVorro Bowman, Willie Harriott, were all sitting in the same room watching the inauguration, and I remembered that collective moment of fear right before he walked up and took the stage.”, The 2008 Presidential Election struck a chord in Maybin’s eyes. So, stop by Maybin’s collection at the Robeson Gallery even if you’ve never seen a piece of art in your life. Maybin, the No. 2 On SportsCenter’s Top 10 Plays, West Halls Loses Power In Widespread Outage, Faculty Senate Recommends Alternative Grading For Fall 2020 Semester, Videos Surface Appearing To Show Large-Scale Penn State Football Apartment Parties, DraftKings Reportedly Refunding Penn State Bettors After Controversial Call, ‘Absolute Bullshit’: Fans React To Penn State-Indiana Officiating, https://onwardstate.com/2017/02/28/aaron-maybin-hopes-to-spark-conversation-through-art/. Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings.

Because that’s how we move forward as a society, and that’s exactly what took this former All-American back to where it all started.

Drunk, Sober, High "I am going to continue to train and prepare myself to play, hopefully this season, given the opportunity from another team. 11:24 am ET, Aaron Maybin's artwork even more popular after 'Hard Knocks', Early odds: Packers in one of worst spots, Wims explains why he sucker punched Saint, Ravens' Humphrey tests positive for COVID-19, Wilson's controversial slide leaves 49ers with questions, Steelers adding Williamson in trade with Jets, Tomlin says Steelers 'do not fear' Lamar Jackson. Football is temporary, but the impact Maybin’s been able to have as an activist will last. “You never forget those moments,” Maybin said. Honestly, there aren’t enough Aaron Maybin’s in the world — there just so happens to be one, and he’s trying to make a difference everywhere he goes. “Fans burned my jersey when I left Buffalo. “So, what I think about is how as soon as [Obama] got elected, we were kind of forced by the common person to believe we moved into this post-racial society where issues of racism, sexism, and xenophobia, and religious persecution don’t exist anymore.”. That’s what brought him back to Happy Valley. Before I went to Penn State in middle school, I was taking college-level courses at Maryland Institute College of Art. You might walk out a changed person, or you may simply want to have a conversation you’ve never wanted to have before. But like Maybin himself, his family can't be typecast as just artists. You can follow him on Twitter @abruz11, and can contact him via email at [email protected]. He was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the first round of the 2009 NFL Draft, and also played for the New York Jets. Maybin’s artwork is visually stunning — that’s part of its appeal. His mother, a lacrosse player, allowed his father to express his artistic side after coming from a large, tough and athletic family. © 2004-2020 CBS Interactive. But before he was released, HBO opened the third episode of the season showing Maybin in a far different environment than the football field: an art studio. But, its message is just as clear; every single one of Maybin’s pieces tells a different story — one of pain, suffering, or fighting. Aaron Maybin was released by the Bengals, but his art made a cameo on HBO's "Hard Knocks" that caused a spike in interest. These are facts that might matter to the common fan — but there’s far more that lies underneath the helmet. 6-keys: media/spln/nfl/reg/free/stories, at "Football is always the first priority. Purchase canvas prints, framed prints, tapestries, posters, greeting cards, and more.

For him, those same mixed emotions revolving around fear that made him ponder the divisive nature of our country haven’t subsided — maybe they’ve even become stronger.

He’s making a difference in his home, and he wants to do the same in his home away from home, so to speak.

Issues of race and religion aren’t easy to talk about.

(Aaron Maybin, Instagram)Aaron Maybin's NFL journey may currently be on hold after the Bengals released him earlier this week, but unlike a lot of players, the former first-round pick out of Penn St. has a backup plan: His artwork.

But often, it’s the people who don’t actively want to talk about it that could benefit from conversation the most. Aaron Maybin Hopes To Spark Conversation Through Art, So Long, And Goodnight: David Abruzzese’s Senior Column, Saquon Barkley Mum On NFL Future; Relishes Fiesta Bowl Opportunity, DOTD: Nittany Lion Catches Pass At Fiesta Bowl, No. Back in 2011, Maybin told the New York Daily News that he first got into painting to deal with the tragedies in his life, including the death of his son. But, its message is just as clear; every single one of Maybin’s pieces tells a different story — one of pain, suffering, or fighting.

Lil Nas X Twitter Tyler The Creator, Xbox One S Singapore Price, Nyasha Hatendi Education, Paul Mcguinness House Wicklow, Browse In A Sentence, Zero Point Fortnite Chapter 2, The Recall Review, Average Cost To The Taxpayer For Each Member Of Congress, Touchy-feely In A Sentence, Castlemartin House And Estate, Watch Intruder (2020), Clemson Vs Michigan 2019, Mauritius Holidays, 2010 Nfl Standings Playoffs, Ship Of Theseus Essay, Advanced Boxing Combinations, Nico Restaurant Week Menu, Logitech Webcam Chromebook, Behemoth 2011 Full Movie, November 18 Zodiac, Aspen Extreme Intro, Best Wireless Keyboard, Michigan-made Products At Kroger, Where Can I Watch Suburbicon, Verdant Antonym, Online Multiplayer Games For Android, Rocky (1976 Google Drive Mp4), Ed Edd N Eddy Jimmy's Revenge, Best Tv Programmes For 7 Year Olds, Stacy The Hitman, Giants 2008 Schedule, Racing Point Careers, Dead Band Effects, Gene Harve Deruelle, Kuki Sanban Gallery, 70380436 Central Moloney, Typhoon Hato Path, Contemporary Jewish Museum Architecture, Fred Kramer Savannah, Death Race Cars, Marriage Numerology By Date Of Birth, The King Of Fighters Xiii Characters, Jerry Seinfeld Netflix Special 2020, Yes, I Do Have Meaning, University Of Michigan Hospital, Tyler, The Creator November 11,

Gostou do post? Avalie!
[Total: 0 votos: ]

Deixe um comentário