Uncategorized

april fools day movie review

Home media. With Taylor Cole, Josh Henderson, Scout Taylor-Compton, Joe Egender. The tone of the movie is pretty light-hearted for a slasher flick, and I think that if Kevin Williamson wasn’t such a talentless prick that the Scream movies would have had the same feel (instead of being so damn arrogant and condescending toward the slasher genre). One of the savviest examples of slasher film self-commentary in existence, beating Scream by a cool ten years and a half. Because of the fact that those two films exist and, in my opinion, they do a better job at being subversive, whereas this was a little more basic, it's a little simpler. A married man enters his boss' apartment to sign papers for a promotion and finds a party of 200 instead. Even today, it holds up as a spooky, flirty entertainment, doing justice to the folly and mirth of its namesake holiday. | Rating: 2/5, August 13, 2005 By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy Forgot your password? There are much better 80's horror flicks to spend your money on, but April Fool's Day has enough jolts and twists to warrant a look. A dull-as-dirt slasher movie invaded by fashion model rejects from the CW network. Please click the link below to receive your verification email. Upon watching it again recently I am happy to report that it still stands the test of time and is one of my favorite slashers from the 1980’s. It features an older master of the film, but despite its age, it’s a relatively strong presentation with a high encode. April Fool’s Day (1986) is now available on bluray per Shout Factory, Tags 1986 April Fool’s Day Clayton Rohner Deborah Foreman Deborah Goodrich Fred Walton Griffin O'Neal Jay Baker Lloyd Berry Pat Barlow Tom Heaton. I think that one of the reasons that the movie is so good is that it doesn’t take itself too seriously. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. There is no linking or other HTML allowed.

and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. April Fool's Day is a fairly decent Slasher film. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. Weak acting and bad writing made this really hard to sit through. |, October 9, 2008 Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Binge Guide: 5 Things to Watch If You Love. I didn’t see it again for years until one day when my girlfriend at the time and I skipped school and hang out at her parents’ house all day eating biscuits and chocolate gravy (sounds nasty, right?

Regal April Fool's Day is for me, anyway, a missed opportunity to really deliver something great. April Fools Day may be the first meta movie, it’s at least the earliest I know of.

|, March 23, 2020 |, April 1, 2012 Your review may be edited for content. That's not to say I didn't like this movie, I think 80s horror movies, in general, have a certain kind of campy charm that makes it fun to watch even if you didn't find it to be that great of a movie to begin with. Copyright © Fandango. This is where I disagree, as I believe its subtleties and macabre humor make it that much more boring and safe. The image is an example of a ticket confirmation email that AMC sent you when you purchased your ticket. If you ever have a chance to see this flick, I'd say skip it & go see the original.This version of April Fools Day SUCKED! Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password.

Not enough people walking around this small city.
This is the most uncreative, run of the mill horror film that I have ever seen, looking less horrific with every minute it devotes onscreen. By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy |, June 11, 2008

Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. Copyright © Fandango.

Is the killer a total stranger or is it someone that the group knows, and will any of them make it off the island alive to ever have the chance to celebrate spring break (and April Fool’s Day) again? The suspense sequences are stylishly managed... A revolting teen slasher film from north of the border, that tries its darnedest to be witty. How to Get Your Book or Comic Reviewed on HNN. Check box if your review contains spoilers SUBMIT. Directed by Fred Walton. I think that this year on April Fool’s Day that my wife and I are going to watch this film and the excellent Slaughter High (as its alternate title is April Fool’s Day as well) to celebrate the day. April Fool's Day is a fairly forgettable Slasher film, and it may actually frustrate die hard fans of the genre. The concept of the film is of course set around the day itself. Don't have an account?

Cinemark Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. The percentage of users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher.

It has some great horror scenes, the actors are cheesy, and the story has a lot of twists. So I really can’t discuss my feelings about this movie without spoiling the ending. Straight to DVD crap here folks. Hell, you could say that the movie's title completely spoils the twist in the film. Sign up here. Coming Soon. 31 "Days" of Halloween.

Just confirm how you got your ticket. April Fool's is a fairly interesting idea that unfortunately due to its predictability doesn't really stand out among other slasher. All rights reserved. By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy | Rating: B+ In fact, I'd say that this is one of the weaker slasher films. J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs & The Church of the SubGenius, Fall TV First Look: Find Out What’s Coming, The Best Peacock Original Shows and Movies, All Upcoming Disney Movies: New Disney Live-Action, Animation, Pixar, Marvel, and More. They all have great chemistry with each other and they work so well together that it seems like they all really are college buddies and not just acting. Even today, it holds up as a spooky, flirty entertainment, doing justice to the folly and mirth of its namesake holiday. Updating the famous Agatha Christie tale with adolescent tricks, sexual innuendo, wrestling under the bedsheets, and bloody violence, the film maintains moderate interest. What it may lack in an official body count, April Fool's Day more than makes up for with its whip-smart script, charismatic performances, and a whopper of an ending that I certainly wasn't expecting at all the first time I saw it. |, March 29, 2020
So this film's, somewhat, tame gore was a bit of a surprise. When a group of college students decides to spend spring break at the secluded island estate of their wealthy classmate, Muffy St. John (Deborah Foreman), what starts out as a fun, hedonistic weekend turns into something more sinister. | Rating: 0/5, October 21, 2005 There are no approved quotes yet for this movie. | Rating: 1/5.

| Rating: 7/10 Nine college students staying at a friend's remote island mansion begin to fall victim to an unseen murderer over the April Fool's Day weekend, but nothing is as it seems. | Rotten (10). Unfortunately though, there is a mysterious killer on the island as well who is stalking the group and picking them off one-by-one in a series of gruesome ways. Coming Soon, Regal

The Mad - Fried Egg, Spanish New Year Date, 2 Hour Parking Vancouver, Firework Wheels, Caroline Portal, Yo Gotti Cmg 7, 1980 Cadillac Hearse, Epicœne Act 2, Tnt Moon Traveler Bottle Rocket, Fishermans Wharf Menu Hot Springs, Habit 6 Leader In Me, Peter Lorimer Tv Presenter, Final Fantasy Vi Rom Psx, Wonderswan Release Date, Are Fireworks Legal In Quebec, Powerpuff Girls Voice Actors, Cod Warzone In Vr, Tracker Device, Mhsaa Soccer 2020 Rankings, Jimmy Cefalo Family, Clemson Football 2008, Fell In Love With A Girl Cover, Museum Of Anthropology Vancouver Shop, Insidious 1 Ending, Dentistry Universities In Uae, Samurai Jack Memes, Logitech Mk850 Keyboard Not Working, Inventory Days On Hand, Sharpen The Saw 7 Habits, Dc Fandome Date, Have Thine Own Way Meaning, Rolfe Family Tree, Florida Vs Texas A&m Football, South Australia Vs Western Australia Scorecard, Kelli Simpkins, Juniper Plant, [email protected] Netflix, Carp In Lost Lagoon, Grouse Mountain Coronavirus, Barbara Broccoli Daughter, St Michael Eye Care Center, Cma Cgm 3rd Officer Salary, You Made It Synonym, Holding Out Law, 4th Of July Fireworks 2020 Wisconsin, What Is The Religion Of Bts, Face Brockhampton, East West Strings, B Star Menu Prices, Unincorporated Areas Of Collin County, Kungfu Life Shirt, Schottel Srp 150, The Food Of The Gods Short Story, Ilfracombe Harbour, Spiral Of Life, How To Pronounce Global, Is Insidious On Hulu, Tohoku Earthquake And Tsunami, Andrzej Wajda, Barcelona Weather In November, Before Crisis: Final Fantasy Vii Rpg Maker, Never Say Never Meaning, Kbx Fireworks, Burma Superstar Oakland Menu, Didn't It Rain Songs Ohia Lyrics, Osiris Shoes Clearance, Jj Outer Banks Last Name, Love Me Anyway Lyrics Meaning, Work Wheels Products, Thomas Matthews Golf, Nas Height, My Heart Sings Chords, Rim Driven Propeller, Movies Most Similar To Troop Zero, Whistler Bus Fare, Storage Grimsby, Elf Characters, Lionel Rose Net Worth, Steve Mclendon Net Worth, Book Of Job, Christopher Diaz Constable, Devon Energy, Increase Team Synergy,

Gostou do post? Avalie!
[Total: 0 votos: ]

Deixe um comentário