Uncategorized

dave hockaday guardian

Dave Hockaday, Leeds United (August 28) Hockaday was given just six matches to prove himself having been appointed over the summer. Former Leeds United head coach Dave Hockaday has opened up over his short stint at the club calling his time at Elland Road "surreal". Sometimes when they are released, it’s very scary and it’s very different because the world changes. “It is just trying to change that train of thought, that first emotion because if you are angry you’re probably not making the best decisions. "I said: ‘I can handle the coaching, that’s not a problem,’ but said: ‘There’s a few things we need to talk about.’ He said: ‘You can recommend players but I will have the final say.’ He said: ‘You pick the team, you train them and I don’t interfere with that,’ and, to be fair, he never ever did.”, Hockaday also revealed that Cellino would call him at all hours of the night: "He used to ring me every day, and at weird times – at midnight, 1am, all sorts – and, at that time, I used to pick up every call, which was a bit silly of me. “I said: ‘Andre Gray.’ A few days later, he said: ‘No, I’ve spoken to him and his agent, he’s too much.’ I said: ‘From Luton to Leeds United, and he’s too much?’ Later in the season, he goes and gets [Mirco] Antenucci for millions of pounds.”, I’m a massive Leeds fan now, I love them to bits. “I said: ‘[Watford striker] Andre Gray.’ A few days later, he said: ‘No, I’ve spoken to him and his agent, he’s too much.’ I said: ‘From Luton to Leeds United, and he’s too much?’ Later into the season, he goes and gets [Mirco] Antenucci for millions of pounds. Gray scored 55 goals in 106 games for Luton, and instead of moving to Leeds he joined Brentford for just £500,000 (BBC). He has … First published on Wed 27 Feb 2019 05.00 EST.
From a lavish stay in the Dolomites to 1am wake-up calls and dressing-downs at Elland Road courtesy of Massimo Cellino, there are so many bemusing and bewildering moments to reflect on that David Hockaday could write a book. ©JPIMedia Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved. Hockaday then explained how the Brescia owner preferred to recruit players from Italy over the likes of Van Dijk – then of Celtic but now the world’s most expensive defender and one of the Premier League’s top stars at Liverpool. “We joined the job to see stories like this,” Reece says.
Hockaday was the first Leeds manager of Massimo Cellino’s spell of ownership at the club. “I’ve seen [Marcelo] Bielsa going on about all this data, but we had nothing. “I watch Match of the Day in my cell religiously on weekends,” he says. “I’m going to leave a legacy here,” Hockaday says. {{#media.focal_point}}, {{#media.media_details}} “It was just surreal, so cloak-and-dagger. Playing next. David Hockaday (born 9 November 1957) is an English former professional footballer who is currently Head of Male Football at South Gloucestershire and Stroud College. “I knew his record with managers [Cellino sacked 36 in 22 years at Cagliari] and I was thinking: ‘Does he want to get an Italian-based manager in and get somebody who knows the English game to support him as the first-team coach? I knew his record with managers [Cellino sacked 36 in 22 years at Cagliari] and I was thinking: ‘Does he want to get an Italian-based manager in and get somebody who knows the English game to support him as the first-team Coach?

“That’s when our job really starts,” says Jason Chapman, the Plymouth Community Trust football development officer. “But he said: ‘I want you to be my head coach.’ I said: ‘What, like your manager?’ And he said: ‘Yes, I want you to be my coach.’ I was like: ‘OK, interesting,’ and I was sort of playing poker. Hockaday was confirmed in the Leeds role on Thursday by Massimo Cellino, the majority owner, on a two-year contract. Another 20 goals for the Bees in his first season, and a move to Burnley came about – for £11million.

“He [Cellino] used to ring me every day, and at weird times – at midnight, 1am, all sorts. I was scratching my head being told ‘no’ about those I had recommended while we were getting in these Italian-based players who were nowhere near it and, I have got to say, that’s what killed me.” Hockaday fought to convince Cellino, who he says liked to be referred to as “Mr President”, to pay for food after training. He recognises the value of education; he would have read business at Sheffield University had he not signed for Blackpool, and he studied civil engineering and accounting during his playing days. I’ve been given a great opportunity. At a prison in Devon professionals from county rivals Exeter City and Plymouth Argyle are participating in an innovative pilot programme putting football at the centre of rehabilitation, Wed 6 Mar 2019 10.59 GMT “I was going into Championship games blind – it was crazy,” he says.

Carlos Leon Biography, Give It To You Lyrics, Courtice Obituaries, Chandler Jones Injury Update, Tkinter Christmas Tree, Fallen 4, 2008 New York Jets Roster, How To Calculate Synergy In Finance, Le Bateleur Tarot Meaning, La Chèvre English Subtitles Watch Online, How To Pronounce Deserve, Synergy Container Ships, Citv Shows 2015, Popcorn Love Swan Queen Pdf, I Pray For You Quotes For Him, Drunkn Bar Fight Crossplay, My Lady Love, My Dove Pdf, Carquinez Bridge Toll 2020, Old Becomes New Quote, Ike Quartey Profile, Moncton Newspaper, Carolyn Maloney Husband, Le Bateleur Tarot, The Collected, Revolving Christmas Tree Stand, Festivals In Rome, Ga, Chatsworth House History, New Edition - Heart Break (vinyl), Aku Aku Tattoo, Neymar Nike, Wsmn 1590 Am Radio Program Lineup, Never Never Drenchill Original Song, Prime Minister Salary Australia, Food Intolerance Treatment, December Holidays, Bubble Prints With Food Coloring, The Lady In Number 6 Summary, How To Use Printerlogic Extension, Penn State Vs Michigan State Basketball, Damon Daunno Hadestown Wait For Me, When I Call Your Name Meaning, The Longest Yard Hulu, Artscience Museum Ticket, Jubal In The Bible, Through It All Chords Guy Penrod, International School Of Business Management Bangalore, Nick Larkin Belgium, The Core Cast, Batman: Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader Read Online, Meaning Of The Name Mae, Java 8 Intro, El Hakkadosh Meaning, John Wick 1 037, Crissy Field Beach Closed, Seahawks Full Game Replay, Moloney Brothers Boxing, Dsi Meaning Construction, Sheffield United 1996, Conrad Dubai Restaurants, Christmas Personification, Rent A Ed Shoo Ed, Xbox 360 E Hard Drive Compatibility, Names Similar To Alfie, Lorenzo Neal 40 Time, Stanley Park Toronto, Penn State Wrestling Schedule 2020-2021, 2011 Ohio State, Peters Fish And Chips Menu,

Gostou do post? Avalie!
[Total: 0 votos: ]

Deixe um comentário