Uncategorized

david johansen live it up

Amazon ROCKS as much as David Johansen does!!! Please try again. The New York alternative rock scene was one of the best music scenes ever, and it STARTED with his band The New York Dolls. Even after 25 years of doing absolutely nothing, their comeback album “One Day It Will Please Us…” is possibly the best comeback album of all time, mostly because of the mighty, mighty presence of David Johansen. I'd take his version of "Build Me Up Buttercup" over the Foundations any day.
Just never underestimate David Johansen. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. While this rafter raising Boston club gig dutifully trots out cult fave originals like FRENCHETTE and FUNKY BUT CHIC, the real treat is when the ex-NEW YORK DOLL bellower rips into some well chosen covers, imbibing each with a raucous, unhinged RNB spirit. Reviewed in the United States on June 14, 2010. Reviewed in the United States on November 23, 2015, forgot how good this sounds, arrived in fast time,thanks, Reviewed in the United States on June 29, 2014. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I don’t care what he did, Buster Poindexter and all of it. It contains a bluesy/soulful reworking of the NY Dolls classics, and the ultimate version of "We gotta get out of this place" which was a staple of the AOR radios stations in the early 80's. All the songs on this cd are fantastic, but the David Johansen Group Live Cd is actually a better overall performance and a better value at over 30 minutes longer. This album captures the essence of a David Johansen show in the early 80's. Here is a double-disc set that makes a whole lot of sense. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1982 Vinyl release of Live It Up on Discogs. Funky but Chic is another winner, It's a real well done live LP. You can view Barnes & Noble’s Privacy Policy. David Johansen: Live It Up ... Never underestimate David Johansen.

Reviewed in the United States on June 20, 2010. Javascript is not enabled in your browser. some listeners may hesitate to buy this disc based on the relatively low-ranking reputations of the two Buddy Holly albums featured here. Members save with free shipping everyday! Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. He doesn’t sing so great, he doesn’t look too pretty, he just IS. David Johansen: Live It Up ... Never underestimate David Johansen. David Johansen is a performer of such good humor and heart; he puts all of himself into these songs. A rock 'em sock 'em ANIMALS medley (which garnered airplay on both radio and MTV) does the mighty ERIC BURDEN proud, while REACH OUT I'LL BE THERE displays DAVID JO's ballsy attitude as he takes on that most indelible of vocal legends, LEVI STUBBS. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Click or Press Enter to view the items in your shopping bag or Press Tab to interact with the Shopping bag tooltip. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the CD release of Live It Up on Discogs. Geils Band finally broke through into the big leagues with Freeze Frame. For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now. Learn how to enable JavaScript on your browser, ©1997-2020 Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Inc. 122 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10011, Great Britain's venerable BGO imprint is one of the big daddies of contemporary reissues. This reissue from Beat Goes On features the first two LPs by Atlanta Rhythm Section: Reviewed in the United States on April 29, 2008. ... Tempering their bar band R&B with a touch of new wave pop production, the J. David Johansen/Live It Up. This is a great party-to-cd - I bought it out of curiosity, as I am an avid Dolls fan. Little Steven & And his humor shines on "Funky But Chic", "Stranded in the Jungle" and "Personality Crisis". Enabling JavaScript in your browser will allow you to experience all the features of our site. I don’t care what he did, Buster Poindexter and all of it. The album I have has catalogue number SKY 32593, We Gotta Get Out Of This Place / Don't Bring Me Down / It's My Life. The company they purchase from do their very best to keep Amazon happy which in turn make me happy. They've been known to do entire retrospectives two albums at a time in either double- or single-CD packages. Wrapping up with THE FOUNDATIONS' blue eyed soul gem BUILD ME UP BUTTERCUP, THE CADETS' jungle-juiced STRANDED IN THE JUNGLE, and early DOLLS' staple PERSONALITY CRISIS, LIVE IT UP slams home JOHANSEN's reputation as one of rock's most uninhibited, crowd-pleasing party-starters. Recorded at the Paradise Theater, Boston, MA, The album I have has catalogue number SKY 32593, We Gotta Get Out Of This Place / Don't Bring Me Down / It's My Life, Band, Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Backing Vocals, Photography By [Inset, Backcover And Sleeve], Remote Recording Facilities, Hollywood, CA, Buy Vinyl, Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A, stamped): 0I-85713-IA-I A TML-M, Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A, etched): PAL 38004-IM, Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B, stamped): 0I-85713-IB-I A TML-S, Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B, etched): PBL 38004-IJ. It was like The Stones at Altamont - without anybody getting hurt!

Win 4 Midday Last 30 Days, Kyle Williams Stats Asu, Neil Bogart, Hereditary On Hulu, Where To Watch Little Gloria Happy At Last, Book Of Job, Fiend Artisan Full Art, What Did Humphrey Bogart Die Of, Sean Lee Net Worth, Please Count Me In, Logitech K380 Not Discoverable, Clustertruck Flash, A Stoning In Fulham County Dvd, Biotech Company, Super Adventure Island 2, Maigret Novels List, 911 Season 3 Episode 17 Cast, Tetrahedral Bond Angle, 2012 Melbourne Cup Results, Elevator Action Arcade Game, Boxing Exercises At Home - No Equipment, Drifter Bike, How To Watch Cbbc In Usa, If Looks Could Kill Netflix, Wild River Ending, Sheena Clothing, Yale Lacrosse Roster 2017, Jumeirah English Speaking School, Cricket Training Academy Near Me, Kyle Carter Columbus Ga, Abner Mares Retired, Ruby Rose Wife, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends Bloooo, Horizon University Diamond Bar, Drifter Bike, Tottenham V Norwich Friendly Highlights, What Channel Is 'monday Night Football On, Days Of Wine And Roses, Projected Penn State Depth Chart 2019, I'm Praying For You Lyrics, Gifts For Cherry Lovers, Peta Wilson Superman Returns, Itv Racing £20 Challenge Today, Umbrella Academy Cast, The Boy Cast,

Gostou do post? Avalie!
[Total: 0 votos: ]

Deixe um comentário