Uncategorized

for me personally in a sentence

In personal appearance Hooke made but a sorry show. I ask for your attention one last time, as a personal favor to me. He drew from the writers of the old political comedy of Athens, as well as from the new comedy of manners, and he attempted to make the stage at Rome, as it had been at Athens, an arena of political and personal warfare. (I answered, "They should get jobs at the factory that would make the lawnmowers; it would pay better.") Parker's consecration was, however, only made legally valid by the plentitude of the royal supremacy; for the Edwardine Ordinal, which was used, had been repealed by Mary and not re-enacted by the parliament of 1559 Parker owes his fame to circumstances rather than to personal qualifications. Doctors came to see her singly and in consultation, talked much in French, German, and Latin, blamed one another, and prescribed a great variety of medicines for all the diseases known to them, but the simple idea never occurred to any of them that they could not know the disease Natasha was suffering from, as no disease suffered by a live man can be known, for every living person has his own peculiarities and always has his own peculiar, personal, novel, complicated disease, unknown to medicine--not a disease of the lungs, liver, skin, heart, nerves, and so on mentioned in medical books, but a disease consisting of one of the innumerable combinations of the maladies of those organs. Green's teaching was, directly and indirectly, the most potent philosophical influence in England during the last quarter of the 19th century, while his enthusiasm for a common citizenship, and his personal example in practical municipal life, inspired much of the effort made, in the years succeeding his death, to bring the universities more into touch with the people, and to break down the rigour of class distinctions. Example sentences with the word personally. I myself, not being built to eat, have no personal experience in such matters. "I guess I should feel honored to have your personal attention," she said acidly.

Impressed by the formalism and deadness of contemporary Christianity (of which there is much evidence in the confessions of the Puritan writers themselves) he emphasized the importance of repentance and personal striving after the truth.

In that licentious university Francis found the greatest difficulty in resisting attacks on his virtue, and once at least had to draw his sword to defend his personal safety against a band of ruffians. The next day, Ethel Reagan reported in her Boston paper on a personal interview with Youngblood. These Personal Liberty Laws forbade justices and judges to take cognizance of claims, extended the habeas corpus act and the privilege of jury trial to fugitives, and punished false testimony severely. Example: The rule usually cited in style manuals advises a comma in that situation, but personally, I wouldn't use one there because the sentence is so short.

We have already mentioned the final conception in which Lotze's speculation culminates, that of a personal Deity, Himself the essence of all that merits existence for its own sake, who in the creation and government of a world has voluntarily chosen certain laws and forms through which His ends are to be realized. Good luck to each of you with your endeavors. "I just hope she doesn't intend to further pay you back in some other more personal way," Cynthia cautioned. The household servants or dependents attached to the personal service of their masters were merely set free; and they entirely went to reinforce the town proletariat. It's pretty clear here that using "Me" in this context is erroneous. Neither can by will deprive the other of the right of dower or courtesy in the real estate and of the right to one-third of the personal estate.

Little is known of his personal history beyond the fact that he was secretary to an embassy from the French court to the republic of Venice. He was never a popular man, nor did he ever have a strong personal following or many attached friends.

4 According to this text Saul was simply possessed with such a personal dislike and dread of Conflicts with David as might easily occupy his disordered brain. rev 2020.11.2.37930, The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, English Language & Usage Stack Exchange works best with JavaScript enabled, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site, Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us. For every family in which there is a wife, a minor son, or an unmarried daughter, a homestead not exceeding $loon in value, or personal property not exceeding $500-in value, is exempt from sale for the satisfaction of debts. Kutuzov, without looking at Wolzogen, gave directions for the order to be written out which the former commander-in-chief, to avoid personal responsibility, very judiciously wished to receive. A scandalous charge against his mistress Aspasia, which he defeated by his personal intercession before the court, was taken very much to heart by Pericles.

The more I have a personal vested interest in your success, the better. I've personally never liked going out to bars and things like that. Dean poked about while she was gone, but the newly moved-in apartment had little in the way of personal objects. This view is unhistorical, and it ignores the various personal and national motives which lay behind that movement. The imports op incomes from personal estate (ricchezza mobile) were introduced in 1866; it applies to incomes derived from investments, industry or personal enterprise, but not to landed revenues. 34.Personally i think it's a waste of time. You can consider other alternatives like "and if either I or the Association" or "and the Association or I". The 3 biggest improvements you can make to your English writing, The key to understanding natural spoken English, 5 steps to achieving your New Year's resolutions, 8 reasons why your English isn't improving, How your brain learns English (and how it doesn't). His oracular reserve, personal honesty and consistency of aim had gained him the suffrages of all who hoped to save France from the harpies of the Directory and the violent rhetoricians of the now reconstituted Jacobin Club. An article in the Spectator of the 17th of February 1883, by Lord Justice Bowen, gives perhaps the best idea of Smith's extraordinary personal qualities and influence. Could you tell us specifically what you're having trouble understanding?

He left it at the desk, as he wasn't up to the small talk a personal delivery would entail. They may have missed on specifics (such as each of us owning a personal jet pack and a flying car) but in general were dead-on. The personal and habitation tax consists in fact of two different taxes, one imposing a fixed capitation charge on all citizens alike of every department, the charge, however, varying according to the department from I fc. How do I reconcile my personal choices with my statement that the farm of the future is a good thing? personal example sentences. Personal liberty, liberty of conscience, speech, assembly, petition, association, press, liberty of movement and security of home, were without real guarantee even within the extremely small limits in which they nominally existed. When the World War broke out his attitude was favourable to the absolute neutrality of Italy, believing that his country's interests lay in not siding with either group of belligerents, and on the eve of Italian intervention he made an attempt, by using his personal hold over the Parliamentary majority, to upset the Salandra Cabinet, but it was frustrated by an uprising of public opinion in favour of war. At times they merely bring into prominence again the ever-fresh fact of personal religious experience; at other times mysticism develops itself as a powerful solvent of definite dogmas. To the joy and pride of the whole army, a personal interview was refused, and instead of the Sovereign, Prince Dolgorukov, the victor at Wischau, was sent with Savary to negotiate with Napoleon if, contrary to expectations, these negotiations were actuated by a real desire for peace.

When this line became extinct in 1784 the lordship reverted to Prussia, being claimed both by the king as personal property and by the state. The actors of 1812 have long since left the stage, their personal interests have vanished leaving no trace, and nothing remains of that time but its historic results. I'll record the facts from my personal point of view, and my observation. The slavery of the working classes was not directly changed into the system of personal freedom. Though not a great monarch, King Humbert had, by his unfailing generosity and personal courage, won the esteem and affection of his people.

Cricket Academy Websites, Creeping Buttercup Permaculture, Headhunter Finden, Movember Statistics, Jack The Giant Killer 2012, Legends Of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8 Subtitles, Unleash Your Creativity Quotes, Brian Mudd Wiod, October Festival Singapore, Billy Whelan, John Richardson Actor Net Worth, Find This Song, Adorno Vs Del Bosque, Baker Beach Open Now, Steelers Vs Browns Prediction, Twilight Zone Kick The Can 1983 Cast, I Will Be Here For You Kaligta Lyrics, Tamlyn Tomita Filipino, Alibi Lyrics Brandi Carlile, Veterinarian Near Me,

Gostou do post? Avalie!
[Total: 0 votos: ]

Deixe um comentário