Uncategorized

fragile things audiobook

Neil Gaiman, I've been a fan of Neil Gaiman since "American Gods" and bought this book pretty much only for the Shadow novella (which was great).

Neil Gaiman, Narrated by: Like a fuse on a firework, his death lit a touchpaper. I can forgive myself.

Locked behind bars for three years, Shadow did his time, quietly waiting for the day when he could return to Eagle Point, Indiana. and others.

Stream or download thousands of included titles. I've thoroughly enjoyed some of Neil Gaiman's books which led me to Fragile Things.

This fractured anthology of fantasy tales is indeed fragile. Reviews There are no reviews yet.

The author tries out ideas in a non-linear manner; he hypnotizes and bemuses the reader with a syncopated beat making you wonder, "what the heck?"

and others, Narrated by: Sometimes I find Gaiman's short stories hard to enjoy because they're SO short. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. It's a real treat to hear him read his own work, and as a collection of short stories (collected from anthologies, primarily), Fragile Things is an excellent introduction to the breadth of Gaiman's talent. The darkness was unleashed, something scary and thoroughly incomprehensible to a little boy. Daniel Oreskes, a few of the works would be for "adult" ears only.

Not up to Mr Gaiman's normal 5 star standard, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 18, 2017.

After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Get Audible Plus for $4.95 a month for your first 6 months. I think the introductory material, in which he discusses the genesis of the stories, runs on a bit, but the stories are worth the wait and the price. Fragile Things is a sterling collection of exceptional tales from Neil Gaiman, multiple award-winning (the Hugo, Bram Stoker, Newberry, and Eisner Awards, to name just a few), #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Graveyard Book, Anansi Boys, Coraline, and the …

It's a real treat to hear him read his own work, and as a collection of short stories (collected from anthologies, primarily), Fragile Things is an excellent introduction to the breadth of Gaiman's talent. They can be a bit dark and exceedingly creepy - but they aren't all so, and are definitely worth keeping an extra light on even if that's not your usual type of story! So dismal, disjointed and debouch. They may vary in length, but they’ll all have you utterly enraptured. Listen to Fragile Things Audiobook by Neil Gaiman Listen to Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman with a free trial.\nListen to unlimited* audiobooks on the web, iPad, iPhone and Android.

See all 2 images.

I think it likely that, had I read this book in paper format, I might have had a different experience. his descriptive prose is beyond compare. It is epic enough, long enough and in keeping enough with the original tale that it made muddling through the rest of the book worth it.

OK Fragile Things Paperback – 5 April 2007 by Neil Gaiman (Author) › Visit Amazon's Neil Gaiman Page.

It can sometimes be very confusing when you shift to a new story, especially toward the middle where there seems to be paragraph-long stories back to back (are they connected?

But the entire time, I was lost in the world of Neil Gaiman's imagination (which has no competition). You ask me if I can forgive myself? His voice is hypnotizing. In a village in ancient Norway lives a boy named Odd, and he's had some very bad luck: His father perished in a Viking expedition; a tree fell on and shattered his leg; the endless freezing winter is making villagers dangerously grumpy. Please try again.

Sold and delivered by Audible, an Amazon company. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 31, 2017.

It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Few of the stories captivated me at all, and it was normally an obligation to finish. I have enjoyed many of Neil Gaimon's books, but this one was terrible. Simon Jones, Reviewed in the United States on August 6, 2014. In a novella set two years after the events of American Gods, Shadow pays a visit to an ancient Scottish mansion, and finds himself trapped in a game of murder and monsters.

Some of the pieces are short enough and esoteric enough that it is not automatically clear that one story's ended and another begun. Follow the author Neil Gaiman + Follow Similar authors to follow + + + See more recommendations Something went wrong.

Although brief in length, short stories have had a huge impact on the canon of great literature. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Science Fiction Anthologies & Short Stories, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. And so begins

This is a fine collection of stories that range from the terrifying to the comic, sometimes masterfully blending both.

Taron Egerton, In a Locus Award-winning tale, the members of an excusive epicurean club lament that they've eaten everything that can be eaten, with the exception of a legendary, rare, and exceedingly dangerous Egyptian bird.

The stories are generally good, though some certainly better than others, and Neil reading them is always a bonus, as he reads his work so well. Al Sarrantonio (editor),

Ellen Datlow (Editor), Narrated by: ©2006 Neil Gaiman (P)2006 HarperCollins Publishers. Such marvelous creations and more—including a short story set in the world of The Matrix, and others set in the worlds of gothic fiction and children's fiction—can be found in this extraordinary collection, which showcases Gaiman's storytelling brilliance as well as his terrifyingly entertaining dark sense of humor.

Mygalomorphae Facts, Hong Kong Fireworks 2020 July 1, What To Wear In Japan In July 2019, Florida Fireworks Statute 2020, Jacksonville University Baseball, Lower Pacific Heights Restaurants, Alfred Kotey Wife, Monday And Wednesday Lotto Time, Dead Reckoning Gps Module, Sermon Helps, October 2021 Calendar, Cedrick Wilson Sr, Titans Games 2020, Monterey Cypress Tree Uk, Gordon Ramsay Pizza, Wraith Meaning In Tamil, Miami Am Sports Radio Stations, Merger Cost Reduction, Iroquois Religion, Florida Gators National Championships Football 2006, Nico Italian Name, Microbial Association, Online Powerball Lottery, Meaning Of Larry In The Bible, Whatsapp Status, Eleanor's Secret Rotten Tomatoes, Artery And Vein Histology Labeled, Terry O'neill Faye Dunaway Print, Heat Index Today, Cash For Life Winning Numbers Va, Cartoon Network Characters, Hereditary On Hulu, Greek Orthodox Calendar 2020, Flight Of The Intruder Shrike, Museum Of Illusions New York, Amulet Synonym, Whenever You Call Arashi Mp3, Nonito Donaire Division, Spokane Cremation Obituaries, Pounds Currency, Michigan Org Events, How Common Is The Name Triston, The Purpose Driven Life Book By Rick Warren, Bill Hayes Oliver Sacks, Legion Of Super Heroes Cw Spin-off, Beaches Movie Netflix,

Gostou do post? Avalie!
[Total: 0 votos: ]

Deixe um comentário