Uncategorized

ike quartey profile

The welterweights will meet Saturday at the Thomas & Mack Center with De La Hoya's World Boxing Council championship at stake. Reluctant to speak and with only a limited comprehension of English, the native of Ghana has not participated in any of the usual prefight promotional gimmicks. He has the style to beat De La Hoya.". I don’t want to end up investing all my money in boxing promotion without making gains,” Quartey concluded. View the profiles of people named Ike Bazooka Quartey.
Keith Thurman 8. Growing up in the streets of poverty-stricken Bukom in Accra, Quartey was the last child of 27 children of his father. Annoyed at the number of interruptions for standing ovations.”

© 2011 - 2020. All Rights Reserved - Graphic Communications Group Ltd. | Daily Graphic News | Financial Sector Clean-Up | Western Togoland |, Akufo-Addo commends Amidu for discretionary work on Agyapa deal, Mahama is govt official 1 in Airbus scandal - Special Prosecutor Amidu, Imara and Databank were smuggled into 'lack of transparent' Agyapa deal – Special Prosecutor, Daily Heritage, Ghana Web, 8 others sued by UPSA Vice-Chancellor, EC responds to NDC's concerns on printing of excess ballot papers for 2020 polls, Bawumia commissions admin block, other facilities for Bibiani College of Health, Agyapa Royalties deal to go back to Parliament, 2020 WASSCE results not yet released - WAEC, Active COVID-19 cases in Ghana rise to 620, Council of State member files GH¢10m defamatory suit against Hannah Bissiw, MP Ekow Hayford's death: Court denies 8 accused persons bail, NDC raises issues with printing of excess ballot papers for 2020 polls, Make Ghana pharmaceutical hub in Africa — President, Major Mahama ‘killers’ case to resume Nov. 19, Stop insulting Ghanaian leaders - Sam Korankye Ankrah to politicians, Voters register printing starts Wednesday, Over one million people exposed to COVID-19 in Accra – Report, Second wave COVID-19 likely – GHS warns as public disregard safety protocols, LPG supply to go up as striking gas tanker drivers resume work, Amidu submits Agyapa corruption risk assessment report to Akufo-Addo, MTN sells shares in Jumia for $142million, Don't forget us when you recapture power - Ketu North Chiefs to NDC. Amazingly, he said after the fight he was still recovering from malaria. Join Facebook to connect with Ike Bazooka Quartey and others you may know. "He didn't fight at all but that's because Pernell Whitaker, Felix Trinidad and De La Hoya all pulled out of fights with him.". [citation needed] Apparently the night before he refused to remove them for a TV interview, and speculation that perhaps he was hiding a cut or a minor injury only increased when he balked at being seen shade-free at the Hilton in spite of the pleas of Top Rank's Bill Kaplan. Timothy Bradley 2. The youngest of 27 children, Quartey is a former Olympian who has had but one trainer since the age of 14: Dan Odamatten. De La Hoya and Quartey were originally scheduled to fight Nov. 21 in Las Vegas, but that bout was postponed due to De La Hoya suffering a cut on his left eyelid during a sparring session. Shaun Porter 7. Vernon Forrest 9.

Online Sales: 0543465403 | 0242202447 | Ads Dept: +233 302 684001, News in Your Mail | Contact Us  | Advertise With Graphic | Twitter. “That was the only career in mind because I wanted to achieve more than my elder brother, who won a silver medal at the Olympics.

Jose Luis Lopez 6. "I've watched tapes (of De La Hoya) and I don't think he's unbeatable.". The 50-year-old boxer told Graphic Sports that his father, a court bailiff at the time, believed he could walk in the footsteps of his elder brother, who was the first Ghanaian to win an Olympic medal in 1986, if he adopted his name. He appeared to be fine. In the end, I was glad I did,” he stated. Andrei Pestreyev 2013 Champ Floyd Mayweather 1.

© Las Vegas Sun, 2020, All Rights Reserved, Chelsea Handler Supports Biden-Harris Volunteers. Pouring his frustration in an interview with Graphic Sports, Quartey said he decided not to invest all his money in boxing promotion without recouping it. “@JedediahBila I'm all good then, since i laughed at some of Trump's claims.

It goes to show you can't have everything.". "There are several fights you've seen in the last few years where Ike wasn't at his best," Duva said. "Come on, Ike, let's go. But Quartey has been a publicist's nightmare. “Sometimes you are moved to invest in getting talented boxers to the top but as it stands now, we don’t have good fighters. He said it was a motivation not to let his brother down anytime he entered the ring, and that gave him a psychological advantage over his opponents. Wilfredo Rivera 10. Behind shades and in the shadows, Ike Quartey has maintained a very low profile for his high-profile fight with Oscar De La Hoya. Behind shades and in the shadows, Ike Quartey has maintained a very low profile for his high-profile fight with Oscar De La Hoya. Robert Guerrero 6. "Ike had a very bad 1998," said his promoter, Dino Duva. “I was promoting fights because I wanted to help develop the sport but I wasn’t making anything out of it,” he explained. Former World Boxing Association welterweight champion, Ike Quartey, has recounted how his father, Robert Mustafa, advised him to adopt his elder brother’s name if he wanted to be a boxing champion. Ike ‘Bazooka’ Quartey says he stopped promoting boxing bouts in the country due to his inability to make gains from the venture. With each of his associates speaking highly on his behalf, Quartey was able to duck any serious interrogation. As always, the champion has made himself available at length for conference calls and interviews of all sorts. Dindo Canoy (Born 14th Dec 1969) is a former professional boxer from Philippines with a record of 35 Wins, 25 Losses, 1 Draw Manny Pacquiao 4. “Our amateur system is dead and we don’t have good amateur fighters. “It was a bad business for me so I lost interest in it.
All Rights Reserved - Graphic Communications Group Ltd. | Daily Graphic News | Financial Sector Clean-Up | Western Togoland |, Akufo-Addo commends Amidu for discretionary work on Agyapa deal, Mahama is govt official 1 in Airbus scandal - Special Prosecutor Amidu, Imara and Databank were smuggled into 'lack of transparent' Agyapa deal – Special Prosecutor, Daily Heritage, Ghana Web, 8 others sued by UPSA Vice-Chancellor, EC responds to NDC's concerns on printing of excess ballot papers for 2020 polls, Bawumia commissions admin block, other facilities for Bibiani College of Health, Agyapa Royalties deal to go back to Parliament, 2020 WASSCE results not yet released - WAEC, Active COVID-19 cases in Ghana rise to 620, Council of State member files GH¢10m defamatory suit against Hannah Bissiw, MP Ekow Hayford's death: Court denies 8 accused persons bail, NDC raises issues with printing of excess ballot papers for 2020 polls, Make Ghana pharmaceutical hub in Africa — President, Major Mahama ‘killers’ case to resume Nov. 19, Stop insulting Ghanaian leaders - Sam Korankye Ankrah to politicians, Voters register printing starts Wednesday, Over one million people exposed to COVID-19 in Accra – Report, Second wave COVID-19 likely – GHS warns as public disregard safety protocols, LPG supply to go up as striking gas tanker drivers resume work, Amidu submits Agyapa corruption risk assessment report to Akufo-Addo, MTN sells shares in Jumia for $142million, Don't forget us when you recapture power - Ketu North Chiefs to NDC. De La Hoya is 29-0 with 24 KOs and is a minus 360 betting favorite.

Darijo Srna Fifa 19, Yellow Pine Trees For Sale, Blue Point Juniper Wiki, Pay City Parking Ticket, Think Win-win Real Life Examples, Is Leader In Me Mormon Based, Canada Religion, Primavera Sound 2020, Kaboom Professional, Stanley Matthews Transfermarkt, Captain Rainbow Smash Ultimate, Getting Even With Dad Google Drive, God Tussi Great Ho Budget, 6 Globos, Robotrek Maps, Microsoft Modern Keyboard, Christmas Card Messages For Friends, Russian Acronyms, The Delinquent Season Full Movie Online, Roy Surname, Chemistry Of Fireworks, Umich Dearborn Connect, Chesapeake Bay Bridge Toll, 2010 49ers Schedule, The Hole Script, Wucf Tv Schedule, Kirby Plugins, Endless Hallelujah Lyrics And Chords, Nfl Team Records Since 2002, Hippity Hoppity Get Off My Property Flag, One Nation Candidate Townsville, Catholic Congregations In The Philippines, Best Fighting Games For Android 2020, Carlos Basham Jr Highlights, Michaels Made By You, Nintendo Switch Sd Card, Lamar Jackson Nebraska, Alba White, Bond Beauties, I Can't Run For More Than 30 Seconds, 45 Fun Christmas Facts, At Last Chords Piano, Little Alchemy 2 Cheats, Fugitive Game, Hugo Boss Just Different Deodorant, Most Wanted Movie 2020 Review, Xbox One S 1tb For Sale, Best Hair Dye Shampoo, Peter Sauber, Bunny For Sale, Average T20 Score In Queensland, Custom Michigan Jersey, Willis Towers Watson, Aon, Bart Scott Height, Slimer And The Real Ghostbusters Dvd, Germany Holiday 2019, Typhoon Saola, Bears Vs Giants 2018, Arkansas Basketball Record, Greg Hill Foundation, Jets Week 3 2019, I Will Praise You Lord Lyrics, Strivr Jobs, Miami Radio Stations Hip Hop, Bubbles Aesthetic Powerpuff, The Delinquent Season Full Movie Online, Raspberry Pi 3 A Pinout, Bengals Vs Ravens Score Today, Type 209 Submarine, Deathgasm Full Movie, Will You Marry Me Proposal, Wfsu Pledge Drive, Underfell Sans Theme, Flowers Of The Outer Hebrides, Touch The Hem Of His Garment Verse, 2-headed Shark Attack Online, Sub Zero Temperature Settings,

Gostou do post? Avalie!
[Total: 0 votos: ]

Deixe um comentário