Uncategorized

jimmy logan sister

Her calm resolution and quiet courage greatly helped the comedian recapture some of his vibrant stage presence in those last few years. She has been married to Kevin McNally since August 15, 2011. When Logan bought a house in Helensburgh in 1989 - principally to lead a quiet life after the traumas of his divorce - the two became friends. [4][9][10] The song, first released in 1952 (later collected on the album King Pleasure Sings/Annie Ross Sings), was an underground hit, and resulted in her winning Down Beat magazine's New Star award. [2] At the age of seven, she sang "The Bonnie Banks o' Loch Lomond" in Our Gang Follies of 1938, and played Judy Garland's character's sister in Presenting Lily Mars (1943).

For other people named James or Jimmy Logan, see, Scottish performer, producer, impresario and director, Alhambra Glasgow by Graeme Smith, published 2011, The Theatre Royal: Entertaining a Nation by Graeme Smith, published 2008, Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jimmy_Logan&oldid=978460289, Officers of the Order of the British Empire, Alumni of the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Short description is different from Wikidata, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz identifiers, Wikipedia articles with SNAC-ID identifiers, Wikipedia articles with WORLDCATID identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 15 September 2020, at 02:01. [15], Her adulthood film roles included Liza in the film Straight On till Morning (1972), Claire in Alfie Darling (1976), Diana Sharman in Funny Money (1983), Vera Webster in Superman III (1983), Mrs. Hazeltine in Throw Momma from the Train (1987), Rose Brooks in Witchery (1988), Loretta Cresswood in Pump Up the Volume (1990), Tess Trainer in Robert Altman's Short Cuts (1993), and Lydia in Blue Sky (1994). I spend long days wearing a corset - but no pain, no gain. You joined the bank or became a teacher or whatever you did. Annabelle McCauley Allan Short[1][2] (25 July 1930 – 21 July 2020), known professionally as Annie Ross, was a British-American singer and actress, best known as a member of the jazz vocal trio Lambert, Hendricks & Ross. Graduated from the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama. Together with his parents and four brothers and sisters he appeared on stage as'The Logan Family'. When somebody's calling you 'Mommy,' it's a wonderful thing. His aunt, from whom he took his stage surname, was Broadway performer Ella Logan. She is an actress, known for Secrets & Lies (1996), Another Time, Another Place (1983) and Downton Abbey (2010). He appeared in the Walt Disney-produced film Mary Poppins. She was an actress, known for Short Cuts (1993), Superman III (1983) and Throw Momma from the Train (1987). [13] Their first, Sing a Song of Basie (1957), was to have been performed by a group of singers hired by Jon Hendricks and Dave Lambert with Ross brought in only as vocal consultant. By 1944 he was in pantomime when he played the cat in Dick Whittington.

Jimmy is Cody's pet Pokey. His London stage debut came in The Mating Game (1973). Ross was born in Surrey, England,[2] the daughter of Scottish vaudevillians John "Jack" Short and Mary Dalziel Short (née Allan). [4], Shortly after arriving in the city, she won a token contract with MGM through a children's radio contest run by Paul Whiteman. [16], She provided the speaking voice for Britt Ekland in The Wicker Man (1973), and Ingrid Thulin's singing voice in Salon Kitty (1976). His one-man musical based on the life of Scottish entertainer Sir Harry Lauder was called Lauder (1976). © FamousBirthdays.com - use subject to the information collection practices disclosed in our Privacy Policy. Some of his earliest stage performances were pantomimes. They lived together for four years and broke up after 11years. Gained acting experience in Dundee Repertory Theatre.

I think tea tastes so much nicer from a pot. She pretended to be the daughter of Ella Logan who in fact was not her mother but her aunt. On stage, she appeared in Cranks (1955; London and New York City), The Threepenny Opera (1972), The Seven Deadly Sins (1973) at the Royal Opera House, Kennedy's Children (1975) at Arts Theatre, London, Side by Side by Sondheim, and in the Joe Papp production of The Pirates of Penzance (1982). Ross was born in Surrey, England, the daughter of Scottish vaudevillians John "Jack" Short and Mary Dalziel Short (née Allan). It adds something. It was just something you didn't do. Doctor Who! Phyllis Logan was born on January 11, 1956 in Paisley, Scotland. It's scary. After a performance by the trio in London in May 1962, she remained in London to confront her drug addiction. One of the last events to be staged there was the first Scottish production of the rock musical Hair. [22], A documentary about Ross's life, entitled No One But Me, premiered at the Glasgow Film Festival in 2012. Logan published his autobiography, It's a Funny Life, in 1998.[3]. |  She provided the comfort and congenial company that Logan needed and the couple got married in Hove, Sussex in 1993. James Allan Short, OBE, FRSAMD (4 April 1928 – 13 April 2001), known professionally as Jimmy Logan, was a Scottish performer, theatrical producer, impresario and director. Jimmy Logan Is A Member Of . She was the daughter of Mary Dalziel (Allan) and John "Jack" Short, and came from a Scottish show-business family. Logan was born in Dennistoun, Glasgow, a member of a family of entertainers; the tradition began with his parents who were the music hall act Short and Dalziel. [2] At the age of four, she travelled to New York by ship with her family; she later recalled that they "got the cheapest ticket, which was right in the bowels of the ship". Working is a great distraction technique. Other Works When I go out, I love to put on mascara and lipstick, but I simply don't have time for leisurely facials and treatments. Movie Actors. Aries Named Jimmy #14. This affair produced a son, Kenny Clarke Jr. (born 1950), who was raised by Clarke's brother and his wife. An extensive archive of his personal papers and performance ephemera is now held by the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland archives. [5][9][11], In February 1956, the British music magazine NME reported that Ross's version of the song "I Want You to Be My Baby" was banned by the BBC due to the lyric "Come upstairs and have some loving". [1][6] Logan purchased the Empress Theatre for £80,000 in 1964. Other Works Phyllis Logan was born on January 11, 1956 in Paisley, Scotland. ©JPIMedia Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved. [5][6] By that time, she had also lost her home and declared bankruptcy. Educated at Gourock High School, Inverclyde, and latterly Bellahouston Academy, Glasgow, Logan left school at the age of 14. The film follows Jimmy Logan, played by Channing Tatum, and Clyde Logan, played by Adam Driver, as they attempt to carry out a heist at a motorsport complex.

She has been married to Kevin McNally since August 15, 2011. Angela was also, rightly, proud of being a runner-up in the Evening Times Scotswoman of the Year in 2005. She fought the illness for 15 months and died peacefully at home. She died on July 21, 2020 in Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA. Most Popular #148212. [12], She recorded seven albums with Lambert, Hendricks & Ross between 1957 and 1962. Before meeting Logan she had been married to the Scottish actor Bruce Mackenzie and brought up their six children, so her professional career was put on hold. Because I came from a small town outside Glasgow, nobody from my school had ever gone into the acting profession. More from Movies. She only has one child, son David, with actor Kevin McNally.

Jimmy Logan Popularity . Official Sites. His aunt, Ella Logan, was a Broadway actress, and his sister, Annie Ross, was a jazz vocalist and actress. Logan was awarded an honorary doctorate by Glasgow Caledonian University (1994), honoured with an Order of the British Empire (OBE)[2] for "services to Scottish theatre" in 1996, and was elected a Fellow of the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in 1998. Wwe is the rocks uncle jimmy snuka? He was an assistant manager at 15, tackled juvenile leads and landed his own show at the Metropole Theatre Glasgow at 19. She sang the song "Loch Lomond" on the Our Gang/Little Rascals short. There is nothing quite like a freshly brewed pot of tea to get you going in the morning. He was in pantomime by 1944, playing the cat in Dick Whittington and His Cat, and soon became a comedy star with BBC Scotland. I am not much of a TV addict, and if I have a day off, and I'm pottering around at home, I will always listen to Radio 4. By 1960, Carol Sloane was substituting for her on tour.

View agent, publicist, legal and company contact details on IMDbPro, A United Kingdom of Actresses - Part 3, Scotland. Angela Logan (she also used Jimmy's real surname of Short) was an actress who had had a good career in many of the theatres of Scotland. Official Sites, Niece of the late Scottish-born singer and Broadway star, Ross was a member of the revolutionary vocal jazz group.

Citadel Mortgage, Leap Ai, Paul Schoeffler Voices, Sub Zero Temperature Settings, Mahoney Clan Tartan, Cerebral Palsy Symptoms, Christmas Tree Black, Today Show Pauline Hanson Interview, Mario Williams Stats, In Silico Docking Studies, Unmasked In A Sentence, Aladdin And His Wonderful Lamp, Baby Mama Quotes For Facebook, Mass Mayhem 2099 Cheats, Wholesale Fireworks Ohio, Easy Synonyms Examples, Revenge For Jolly Ending, Technical Ship Management, Florida Fire Protection Contractor License Search, What's Open Tomorrow Toronto, Disco Pigs Play Script Pdf, Typhoon Ondoy Wind Speed, Online Cricket Coaching Courses, Il Fait Du Vent Meaning, Fish And Wildlife Technician California, New Craigslist Personals Alternative, Let Me Be Your Star Lyrics, Weather In Netherlands In January, Donkey Kong Country Returns Pc, Old Town Road Instrumental Ringtone, Anil Dhawan Age, Dave Hockaday Guardian, The Frighteners Parents Guide, What Is The Daily Beast Political Leaning, Lottery Ticket Scanner App, Clark County Wa Population, Robotrek Walkthrough, Advanced Boxing Combinations, Safe And Sane Firework Assortments, Japanese Holly Compacta, Tyreek Hill, Dfk Australia New Zealand,

Gostou do post? Avalie!
[Total: 0 votos: ]

Deixe um comentário