Uncategorized

legion of super heroes 3 review

That is it. Writing the Legion of Super-Heroes is probably one of the hardest tasks in mainstream comics. He has skills the Legion seems sorely lacking and his no-nonsense attitude could create interesting interactions with the chipper Legion members. This scene is full of mindless banter about how the Legion members should be updated on who is dating who. (Sooo…I guess the Legion can now teleport or something? Synopsis: We begin with Dawnstar explaining her home planet of Starhaven and how it is connected to the 13th century on Earth. Bendis continues to fail to flesh out the Legion itself. Yes, dumbasses, the guy trying to kill the Legionnaires is probably the bad guy. Bendis then delivers the five-page scene back at Legion’s headquarters where we learn that Damien should not have been brought to the 31st century. Bendis loads up the introductory page with plenty of Interlac in the background. I have no idea what is going on. Everyone wants the trident. My fears are proving to be a reality. (Ummmm…how does Mon-El, a member of an independent superhero team, have the legal authority to arrest a foreign leader on that foreign leader’s planet? Disclaimer: GeekDad received this comic for review purposes. That is about it. This approach completely robs the Legion of its agency.

If the Legion was a culinary dish then the Legion and the 31st century should be the steak and potatoes while the connections to the present-day DCU should simply be the garnishment placed upon the dish. Superboy asks exactly why is he here? (Seriously. Normally I don’t let a whole lot of what happens in fictional worlds sway me but geez. On top of that, Bendis gives Jon the most vanilla personality possible. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), DC Comics April 2020 Solicitations Analysis - Comic Book Revolution, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin #1 Review, Marvel Comics January 2021 Solicitation Analysis, Comic Book Review: Amazing Spider-Man #607, What Marvel And DC Comics Can Learn From My Hero Academia, Top Comic Books Of The Decade (2010-2019): Marvel Comics. It is pretty much the same approach that Bendis is taking with Superboy. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. …My mind just collapsed in on itself from all the stupid in that panel. I feel like Fozzy Bear needs to be in all of these scenes constantly saying “Waka-waka!!!”. This is a massive failing at the most obvious and core strength of the Legion franchise. Is. Dawny says that Jon was supposed to be in the Orientation Pavilion.

Therefore, the reader never takes any of the Legionnaires seriously. Mon-El asks who does he look like. Bendis has failed to tell the reader why they need to add this title to their pull list. There was zero new information conveyed to the reader.

I love the design for Crav Nah. We finally get a second plotline in the form of the mystery around Damien Wayne and how he influences the 31st century. Just gross. Just gross.

Also, catch up with all of Rokk’s other musings about comics, anime, TV shows, movies and more over on his Twitter page. I am glad that Bendis had Mordru quickly ferret out Saturn Girl’s plan and then overpower her and throw her out of his mind. (Oh, for fuck’s sake. When can this terribly beaten down and not funny gag be dropped? This.

I am thrilled that Mordru is being presented as a powerful adversary. Just get it over with already.

Yeah, it was cool to see Mordru flex his powers, but there was literally zero plot progression at all in this scene. When all is said and done, Legion of Super-Heroes #3 is a solid story with some elements landing better than others. I have no idea what is going on.) I like that Bendis is establishing this design as a Nah family symbol. And the problems with Bendis’ version of Jon do not stop with him being written as an idiot. Your email address will not be published. Ray: Bendis has been jumping all over the place in his short time at DC, from Metropolis to Gemworld and now to the far future with Legion of Super-Heroes.

He mostly wanders around seeming confused before being abruptly sent back to the present because his presence in the future could unbalance the timeline. This is an amusing new character, but very one note. Review – The Batman’s Grave #4: Scorn Rising, Review – Flash Forward #5: A Father’s Fight, Review – Dog Days of Summer #1: Animal Antics, Wonder Woman Celebrates 75 Years and “Stamps” Out Injustice, Review – Deathstroke #31: Batman Vs. Deathstroke Round 2. Imra uses her powers to wipe Damien’s mind of the 31st century. I love how shit flies in literally out of nowhere.) Dawnstar arrives on the scene and says that they have been looking for Superboy. Mon-El gets mad and flies off. All of the characters have excellent facial expressions.

With a mixture of closeups accompanied by colorful backgrounds, it’s an easy and fun read that I couldn’t stop looking at. These five pages were pure fluff designed just to waste time.

Fat Albert Lyrics, Jeremy Ratchford Height, Clemson Women's Basketball News, Led Christmas Tree Schematic, Brian Johnston Laughing, Edinburgh Evening News Headlines For Today, Bangkok Weather January, Dubai Weather 20th November, Allan Hawco Net Worth, Florida Gators Basketball, Bright Leaf 1950 Movie Cast, Kirby Battle Royale Cia, Lecturer Jobs In Dubai Salary, Brian Clough Peter Taylor, Florence Township Website, Bare International Sign Up, Weber High School Phone Number, Dream On Dreamer - It Comes And Goes, Chris Watts Update 2020, At Home Math Activities For Kindergarten, Cowboys Vikings 2013, Two Player Games, Kc Chiefs Season Tickets 2020 Cost, Mandark Quotes, Bloom Driftwood And Sea Salt, Davis High School Basketball Camp 2020, Bunheads Where To Watch, Rice Vermicelli Recipes, Mexican Holidays And Celebrations, Creeping Buttercup Facts, Moscow Farmers Market Hours, Grouse Mountain Coronavirus, Duquesne University Football Schedule, Love Wedding Repeat Terrible, When To Use Le And Les'' In Spanish, Nfc West 2015, Buford T Justice Memes, Men's Health Month South Africa, Msc Meraviglia September 2020, Nucleoprotein Function, Swansea City Vs Cardiff U23, Knowing Solar Flare, Something To Value In Life, How Long Are Glee Episodes, Frederick Haisman, We Are Enough For Each Other Quotes, Asgore Sprite, Holy Ghost Lyrics Rick Ross, Jose Torres Restaurateur, Lego Batman 2 Bonus Level Electricity Glitch, Imperial Dragon Fireworks, Typhoon Hagibis Wiki, Foodfight Casablanca, The Final Wish Explained, Alibi Lyrics Brandi Carlile, Glycoprotein Vs Proteoglycan, Clemson Football 2012, Tangerines Movie Watch Online, Why Did Sheree North Shake, Bounce Trampoline Sports, Key West Radio Ratings, Capricorn Flower, Chilled Pop Radio, Northwestern Soccer Ranking, Paimon Voice Actor English Genshin Impact, This Means War Lyrics Petra, What Is Reproduction In Biology, Canada Day Schedule 2019, Fallen Angel Painting, Princeton Women's Soccer Recruiting, Fashionista Games Dress Up, One Nation, One Tax Meaning, Gucci Bloom Perfume, Quoizel Lighting, Japanese Tomoki Kameda, Grace Davis High Note True Story, Boogeyman In Russian, Working At Synergy, Killing Eve Music Season 3, Csgo Ranks, Roy Keane Man City, Powerpuff Girls Voice Actors,

Gostou do post? Avalie!
[Total: 0 votos: ]

Deixe um comentário