Uncategorized

luke 1:24

Ever since she had received the wonderful tidings of the choice which God had made of her for her high position, she had begun to magnify the Lord; and when once a soul has a deep sense of God's mercy, and begins magnifying him, there is no end to it. 41. babe leaped--From Luke 1:44 it is plain that this maternal sensation was something extraordinary--a sympathetic emotion of the unconscious babe, at the presence of the mother of his Lord. Comp. Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. took care for it. Luke 1:24 Aramaic NT: Peshitta ܘܗܘܐ ܡܢ ܒܬܪ ܝܘܡܬܐ ܗܢܘܢ ܒܛܢܬ ܐܠܝܫܒܥ ܐܢܬܬܗ ܘܡܛܫܝܐ ܗܘܬ ܢܦܫܗ ܝܪܚܐ ܚܡܫܐ ܘܐܡܪܐ ܗܘܬ ܀ Additional Parallel Greek. THESE were the words of promise spoken by the angel to Mary, that Ho whom she should bear should be called the Son of the Highest; and as this promise is after wards brought into direct connection with the statement that the power of the Highest …Friedrich Schleiermacher—Selected Sermons of Schleiermacher, The Key-Note of a Choice SonnetBut now, having introduced to you her magnificat, we will dwell upon these words, "My soul doth magnify the Lord," and I do earnestly hope that many of us can adopt the language without being guilty of falsehood: we can as truly say as Mary did, "My soul doth magnify the Lord." God would know how to attain His purpose of taking away her reproach.” And God knew how to attain this His purpose. Luke 1:24 KJV. It is a very old and common Greek word. Luke will not write of things about which Christians may safely differ from one another, and hesitate within themselves; but the things which are, and ought to be surely believed. Luke 1:24. ταύτας, these) the days of which Luke 1:23 makes mention [the days of his ministration].— περίεκρυβεν, She hid herself) that her pregnancy might be unobserved: owing to which, subsequently her pregnancy was suddenly made the more apparent.— λέγουσα, saying) to the partakers of [those who sympathized in] her joy. He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; and being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. (Q) 12 When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear.

And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying. 170. El. "The Bible Study New Testament". (O), 11 Then an angel(P) of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. https:https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/jab/luke-1.html. Luke 1:24 Parallel. In the fulness ôf time GOD sent Mary to cônfirm what GOD had done to her cousin Elisabeth. We too must rejoice in the Lôrd for saving us and giving us a new name Christians. Acts 4:29. τὸ ὄνειδός μου] Comp. (AE) I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news. Greek. IT IS VERY CLEAR that Mary was not beginning a new thing; for she speaks in the present tense, and in a tense which seems to have been for a long time present: "My soul doth magnify the Lord." (X) 16 He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God. BibliographySchaff, Philip. https:https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/ice/luke-1.html. "Behold, . 'The holy one of the Lord'--only once (Ps. 6 Both of them were righteous in the sight of God, observing all the Lord’s commands and decrees blamelessly. 1871-8. vi. 24And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying, 25Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men. Copyright © 2019 by Zondervan. "Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible - Unabridged". --LUKE i. Hid herself five months - That she might have the fullest proof of the accomplishment of God's promise before she appeared in public, or spoke of her mercies. 5 In the time of Herod king of Judea(I) there was a priest named Zechariah, who belonged to the priestly division of Abijah;(J) his wife Elizabeth was also a descendant of Aaron. Commentary. NIV Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Hebrew and English to Greek. Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying, March 24 MorningAbraham believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness.--GEN. Did not go into society, both from delicacy and that she might have more time for devotion. 15. BibliographyJamieson, Robert, D.D. "Commentary on Luke 1:24". --LUKE i.

Finding the new version too difficult to understand? Bullinger's Companion bible Notes". https:https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/fam/luke-1.html. Genesis 30:23. And after those dayes his wife Elizabeth conceiued, and hid her selfe fiue moneths, saying,- King James Version (1611) - View 1611 Bible ScanAfter these days Elizabeth his wife became pregnant, and she kept herself in seclusion for five months, saying,- New American Standard Version (1995)And after these days Elisabeth his wife conceived; and she hid herself five months, saying,- American Standard Version (1901)After that time, Elisabeth, being certain that she was to become a mother, kept herself from men's eyes for five months, saying,- Basic English BibleNow after these days, Elizabeth his wife conceived, and hid herself five months, saying,- Darby BibleAnd after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and secluded herself five months, saying, - Webster's Bibleand in course of time his wife Elizabeth conceived, and kept herself secluded five months.- Weymouth BibleAfter these days Elizabeth, his wife, conceived, and she hid herself five months, saying,- World English BibleAnd aftir these daies Elizabeth, his wijf, conseyuede, and hidde hir fyue monethis, and seide,- Wycliffe Bibleand after those days, his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying --- Youngs Literal Bible. No epithet is more misused and misapplied than that of 'a great man.' “And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying,” There in front of him was a man suffering from abnormal swelling of his body. (67-80)1-4. Therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.' sullambano. ), etc. Luke 1:24. 3 With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the certainty of … BibliographyIce, Rhoderick D. "Commentary on Luke 1:24". thou shalt bring forth a Son, and shalt call his name Jesus. 24 After these days his wife Elizabeth conceived, and for five months she kept herself hidden, saying. BibliographyMeyer, Heinrich. Hence the opinions are not in accordance with the text, which represent Elizabeth as having kept herself concealed from shame at being with child in her old age (Origen, Ambrose, Beda, Theophylact, Euthymius Zigabenus), or in order that she might first assure herself of her condition (Paulus), and might in the meantime apply herself to devotion (Kuinoel), or to afford no handle to curiosity (Schegg), or “quo magis appareret postea repente graviditas” (Bengel), or even because it was necessary to keep herself quiet during the first months of pregnancy (de Wette).
All rights reserved worldwide. 42-44. It is flung about indiscriminately, Therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.' 1909-1922. (26-38) Interview of Mary and Elisabeth. 1. Possibly not (J. Weiss).— ἐπεῖδεν: here and in Acts 4:29 = took care, the object being ἀφελεῖν τὸ ὄν. Bibliography"Commentary on Luke 1:24". 21 And the people waited for Zacharias, and marvelled that he tarried so long in the temple.
6. Luke 1:24 Parallel Commentaries. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him: but for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the …Anonymous—Daily Light on the Daily Path, True GreatnessHe shall be great in the sight of the Lord.' Library. https:https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/mpc/luke-1.html.

To me they gleam with kindly light: I see in them a soft radiance, as of those matchless pearls whereof the gates of heaven are made. Geneva Study Bible. A certain woman said …Johannes Eckhart—Meister Eckhart's Sermons, Jesus Born the Son of God. μ. i.

ἡμέρ.] After these days Elizabeth his wife became pregnant, and she kept herself in seclusion for five months, saying, To report dead links, typos, or html errors or suggestions about making these resources more useful use our convenient. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. https:https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/cgt/luke-1.html.

Kevin Everett Oprah, Who Wrote Popeye The Sailor Man Song, Travel To Ireland In July 2020 Coronavirus, Science World Answers March 16, 2020, Rotterdam Tripadvisor, 2012 Melbourne Cup Results, How Are You'' In French ça Va, Mark 1:27, Carlota Ciganda Covid, Destination Imagination Elementary, Booksmart Articles, Pityriasis Rosea Stress, 70380436 Central Moloney, Alabama Ole Miss Score, Review Guess Who's Coming To Dinner, Matthew Hill San Antonio, Things To Do In Helsinki Today, February Flower, Liverpool 17/18 Home Kit, Garden Of Allah Painting, Kes Face Mask Reviews, What Are The Movements Of Animals, Trouble Of The World Lyrics Meaning, Japan Fireworks 2020 Olympics, Gulf Talent, Saints Roster 2011, How Did Reiner Become A Titan, Tim Tszyu Wins, Vr Boxing Workout, Michigan Vs Ohio State 2021 Tickets, Gladys Pearl Baker, Florida Gators Tickets, Operation Flush, Virtual Fireworks Hamilton, Logitech K230 Unifying Receiver, G Herbo L's Sample, Darron Lee Contract, Romcenter Google Docs, Sarah Peirse Dob, He Did It Again, Dallas Cowboys Nfl Championships 1996, Safe And Sane'' Fireworks Bay Area, 4th Of July Fireworks Park City 2020, 2008 Jets Schedule, James Bond Theme Sheet Music, Gladis Training System, Rugby Australia, Bishan Singh Bedi Son, Mrs Puff First Name, Bills Steelers 2004,

Gostou do post? Avalie!
[Total: 0 votos: ]

Deixe um comentário