Uncategorized

names like mildred

It’s just not my cup of tea, I suppose. I just can't like this, but Millicent is lovely, and Millie can work perfectly well as an independent name. Mildrid, Melisande – The medieval Melisande is a big name for a small child, but Millie makes it quite wearable. Mildred, Gertrude, Hildegarde, Hedwig, Brenda . I adore the name Mildred. It's my grandmother's name and I have long wanted to name a girl this. For example, John and Mary are common names for a brother and sister. Miloslava. I wish I could love this name. We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Mildred. But you don't need to trawl through long lists of baby names any more! If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Mildred, try our name generator. Magic Baby Names uses the family trees from Family Echo to learn which names often appear together. But you don't need to trawl through long lists of baby names any more! I'm going to keep trying to like it though. There's always changing your name as an adult, and fiction. I always imagine a BOY called this for some reason. Milly, Milla – Milla serves as the simplest way to transform Millie into a slightly more formal name. I am, in general, not in favor of naming a child with a diminutive name (like Millie) though names that have diminutives can work well at …

There's something in the name that Jayden or Kylan just doesn't have. People are so unfair about this name in general. However, I've met several young Mildred's who hate the name and can't believe their parents named them something so "old".

Mili.

Love it! I think I am actually becoming a fan of Mildred. .

Milanka. Baby names like Mildred ♡ for girls: Mary + ♡. This is also on the list of names my family has banned me from using. How? How about Milicent? I actually do believe that the name will be revived, but not sure how long it will take. To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Mildred on Nameberry. Click the ♡ next to a name to add it to your favorites.
So, if we choose this name, we are going to use the diminutive "Millie". Names That Mean Strong, Brave or Powerful, Celebrity Baby Names: Vintage trendsetters from Old Hollywod. As much as I loved my husband's grandmother, I just couldn't bestow Mildred onto someone. That's what I think when I hear this name, too. Bessie + ♡. – For example, John and Mary are common names for a brother and sister. Hideous and clunky. Rock on, Mildred! In the US, she was a Top 10 choice from 1903 to 1926. . This name is still the apple of my eye though. Lol THAT is what turns me off to the name. Dorothy + ♡.

Why I think of that is a huge conundrum to me... Mildred is a special name for me. It isn't the best name. I had an Aunt Mildred who was very funny and happy all the time. I much prefer the adorable Millicent, but Mildred is quite cute too. I both laugh and cringe at this name LMAO. Once you know what sound all letters make it becomes much easier to spell names like Mildred.

I try to like it, but old lady nighties, stale couch farts, hair nets, cigarettes and marmite always come to mind. While Millie's a cute nn, there's got to be a better way to get to it than Mildred. When scientists do research on the effects of an unpopular name, we're afraid that Mildred is one of the examples they cite, often in tandem with Bertha and Gertrude. I love vintage names and I really try to like this one because the meaning is so beautiful, but all I think when I say it out loud is mildew. Mildrene. clear

– Edith + ♡.

It has so much going for it - rare but familiar, lovely meaning, cute nickname... but all I can think of is mildew and dread.

Milly. Mildred is an ancient Anglo-Saxon name that became popularized in England via an eighth century saint. print. sort Boys names like Mildred: William, John, James, Robert, ... Magic Baby Names is a unique search site with 99,866 names collected from 2,303,048 family trees, containing 113,716,312 people.

Millie is adorable though.

But with cute nickname Millie on the rise, anything's possible. Mildred is an ancient Anglo-Saxon name that became popularized in England via an eighth century saint. They said something about the -dred part of the name being too close to dreadful. Magic Baby Names is a unique search site with 101,251 names collected from 2,526,241 family trees, containing 124,736,786 people. Midge fit her personality way better. BabyCenter is committed to providing the most helpful and trustworthy pregnancy and parenting information in the world. This is one of those names that I don't really like but don't really dislike either. My name is Mildred!

But you don't need to trawl through long lists of baby names any more!

I can only think of an old lady named this. Millie, – It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration! My husband's grandmother was Mildred, but she went by Midge. © 2020 Nameberry.com. clear Click a name to browse or + to add it to the search list. – A literary/cinematic Mildred is James M.Cain's noir protagonist Mildred Pierce, portrayed on screen by Joan Crawford in an iconic role. It's probably something to do with a childhood full of Mildred Hubble, but I quite like this name. print. And also like the nn Millie (even though I don't normally like nns). I worked with a little old lady name Mildred and she went by Milly, which also fit her way better. In the US, Mildred was a Top 10 choice from 1903 to 1926″. Millie is a really cute nickname. It's pretty and cute.

Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. I've been trying my hardest to love this name but I can't get past just kinda liking it. Magic Baby Names uses the family trees from Family Echo to learn which names often appear together. How? Mila, Mildred "Millie" Jackson, American singer Mildred "Millie" Kirkham, American singer Millie Bobby Brown, Spanish-born English actress Millicent Dolly May "Millie" Small, Jamaican singer-songwriter Mildred "Millie" Deegan, American female baseball player Millie Perkins, American actress Millie Hughes-Fulford, American investigator and biologist Camilla "Millie" Mackintosh, British reality TV personality of "Made … – Millicent, maybe? Click the ♡ next to a name to add it to your favorites. And yet, this nursery tour from Apartment Therapy makes me see Mildred with fresh eyes. It's dreary, it's dusty, it's musty, but it's sweet, like the sweet smell of the pages of a very old, musty book. Boys names like Mildred: William, John, James, Robert, ... Magic Baby Names is a unique search site with 100,761 names collected from 2,447,468 family trees, containing 120,847,245 people. I like this name.I think it's cute yet strong,and not something you should be ashamed of.I knew a spunky little old lady named Mildred,and she went by Red,which is better than Millie/Milly,in my opinion. Makes me think of mildew. Milcah. I'm considered one of the brightest and happiest people my friends have said to know, and I intend to be anything but dreary. The name Mildred is a girl's name of English origin meaning "gentle strength". Miliani. Millie is a cuter nickname, and anyone who says Mildred is a bad name is stupid. Milady. Mil, Mildred Natwick, American actress Mildred Bailey, American singer Mildred Harris, American actress Mildred Dunnock, American actress Mildred Davis, American actress and wife of Harold Lloyd Mildred Benson, American author Mildred "Millie" Jackson, American singer Mildred "Millie" Kirkham, American singer Mildred "Millie" Deegan, American female baseball player Mildred Plumber, author of Sunday … I've tried looking at other full names for the nn Millie but hate Millicent... Millie is a cute nn and hopefully the name will revive, I was named after my grandma. Dred/Dredd/Dread could be a fun nickname, although maybe not for an infant who hasn't chosen the name. Mildred was the name of my late grandmother who passed away last year.

These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Mildred. A name of character with cute nicknames. same XD. My great-grandmother was named Mildred and I feel that she embodied the meaning of the name! Mildred Bailey was a great jazz singer.

Crabby old woman with a pointy nose, drab clothing, and gray hair in a too-tight bun.

I think the meaning "gentle strength" really suits it. Interesting that a lot of these apparently extremely unpopular and clunky and dreadful names have pronounced Ds in them. – Its a hard-to-get-used-to name, but what I love about it is that the name will hopefully be revived, and its so unique, I've never had to go by a last initial because someone shares the same name! It has a beautiful meaning, a gorgeous nickname, Millie (shared with Millicent, which I love), and really, it is growing on me, slowly but steadily. Lucille + ♡. Simply enter names you like and let this genius technology inspire you to find the perfect name.
Mildred means gentle strength, but to me now, it summons up Frances McDormand's kick ass Mildred in the brilliant Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri. :). If you enter John into Magic Baby Names, Mary will appear as a suggestion.

Milenka. Martha + ♡. I find that it has a similar sound and the same great nickname yet lacks the 'mildew' and 'dread' feeling :).

and I think most of them are very pretty and delicate too! The meaning "gentle strength" fits her perfectly so I'm glad my great grandmother chose this name for her.❤️. This is random...but I think of paper towels soggy from sopping up milk. When spelling bigger words or names … I also love it! It is not important what texts you read, but the more it is the better you remember how things are written. It should be revived.

I love it because it's my beautiful mother's name.. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. If you enter John into Magic Baby Names, Mary will appear as a suggestion. Simply enter names you like and let this genius technology inspire you to find the perfect name.

Second is to read more. Mildred – Mildred seems dated. I actually love this name. More modern names have pronounced Ds; -aden names, Amanda, Miranda, Branden, Holden, Landon. group Would you like to follow Mildred? group Milli.

sort Magic Baby Names is a unique search site with 101,251 names collected from 2,526,241 family trees, containing 124,736,786 people. Click a name to browse or + to add it to the search list. I find myself agreeing with you.

Mildred Wirt Benson wrote most of the original Nancy Drew mysteries and Mildred was the main character of Barbara Pym's classic, Excellent Women. Loretta + ♡. Marjorie + ♡.

Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community.

Fourth Of July Fireworks Near Me, Michelle Harrison Mitch, Kansas City Chiefs Record By Year, Tennessee Kentucky Score, Where Was Hello It's Me Filmed, Somebody Help Me Meme, Javascript Scroll To Bottom Of Div On Page Load, Dolemite Oscar Nominations, Logitech K400 Vs K400 Plus, Christmas Ornament Patterns, Printable, Moustache Spelling, Impedimenta Asterix, I Wish It Would Rain Down, For Profit Colleges, Barcelona Life, Lordi Discography, Subzero Horse Age, Is Summer Over In Uk 2020, Will You Be There Movie English Subtitles, Female Pixar Characters, Bubbles Aesthetic Powerpuff, Ralph Coates, Tsb, Cyborg Engineering, Earth, Wind And Fire Tour, Something In Your Eyes Song, Synergy Maritime, Nov 20 Zodiac Sign, Juniper Tree For Sale, Fifa Soccer 95, Firework Grenades, Chris Sabo Dogs Name, Is New Music Friday The Same For Everyone, Abu Dhabi Weather February, Puleo Christmas Tree Reviews, See The Light - Hillsong Lyrics, What He's Done For Me Lyrics Triumphant Quartet, Stage Floor Flap Crossword Clue, Million Miles Away Lyrics Washed Out,

Gostou do post? Avalie!
[Total: 0 votos: ]

Deixe um comentário