Uncategorized

oscar de la hoya vs mayweather who won

In fact, just last year De La Hoya told us the rematch would be the biggest event in boxing history -- easily a $1.5 BILLION event. Canelo’s a fighter who always wants to fight the best because he wants to challenge himself. Floyd Mayweather Sr., who had been De La Hoya's trainer since 2000, demanded $2 million to train De La Hoya for this fight. De La Hoya (39–5, 30 KOs) looked extremely sluggish but ultimately won a unanimous decision over Forbes, 119–109, 119–109 and 120–108. Oscar De La Hoya says Floyd Mayweather was the fastest fighter he faced. Although Mayweather Sr. reunited with his son at the start of Floyd Jr.'s training camp, he had no official role, as Floyd Jr. opted to retain his uncle, Roger Mayweather, as his trainer instead. The De La Hoya-Mayweather fight set the record for most PPV buys for a boxing match with 2.4 million households, beating the previous record of 1.99 million for Evander Holyfield-Mike Tyson II. Aside from the Pacquiao victory, Mayweather’s win over De La Hoya was also doubted by many boxing fans and experts. But, things have changed and now, Oscar seems to be slamming the door on getting the superstars back in the same ring. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies. His 43% connection percentage was more double than De La Hoya’s 21. Many were hoping that the Filipino legend will finally shut Mayweather up, but after 12 rounds of boxing, the American champ got the nod from all three judges. Mayweather Sr. announced his willingness to train De La Hoya after initially declining to oppose his son, but demanded a $2 million fee in light of the enormous revenue to be generated by the fight. Mayweather, Mikey Garcia Will Both Beat Pacquiao, Former Champ Says, De La Hoya Reveals Style He Used To KO His Opponents, World Equities Climb On Eve Of US Election, US October Manufacturing Growth Beats Expectations: Survey, Pfizer, BioNTech's Coronavirus Vaccine Might Fail Even If It Works, White House Hunkers Down In Anticipation Of Election Unrest, The Possibilities AND the Pitfalls of Remote Work, 10 Of America's Top CEOs Talk with IBT's Social Capital About How To Be Authentic, Some reports claim Floyd Mayweather lost to Manny Pacquiao and Oscar De La Hoya, Mayweather landed fewer punches than Pacquiao, Pacquiao and De La Hoya are the two most significant wins in Mayweather's career. Mayweather continues to shared headlines with MMA fighters and YouTube stars. “It could make you a weak fighter. And the reason why I will says he was the fastest — because Pernell Whitaker was the fastest — but his timing of punches were precise. Oscar is pointing out that Alvarez has gone up in weight since the Mayweather fight -- he weighed in at 152 pounds when he fought Floyd. As for De La Hoya, a win over Steve Forbes led to a career-ending defeat against an in-form Manny Pacquiao in December 2008. But he was very calculated with his punches. In his flawless boxing record, two fights were considered the most significant fights in his career – Pacquiao and De La Hoya. Floyd Mayweather defeated Oscar De La Hoya in their 2007 meeting via split decision. Mayweather Sr. left the camp by the end of April, upset over not being chosen as trainer and by comments made by his son and brother during the taping of the 24/7 show. It was contested at 154 pounds, with De La Hoya defending his WBC light middleweight championship. Manny Pacquiao and Oscar De La Hoya have defeated Floyd Mayweather Jr. “It was a good fight, it was a very emotional fight. Reports claimed that Mayweather landed only 68 of his total 471 punches. New, 14 comments. Golden Boy boss Oscar De La Hoya had claimed the father of Floyd Mayweather told him he won their mega-fight when the pair met back in 2007. Floyd: I’m so proud of Gervonta, he’s the top dog, Okolie-Glowacki official for Joshua-Pulev card on Dec. 12, Kyoguchi tests positive for COVID, title defense postponed, Haye: There are ‘amazing options’ out there for Chisora, Saucedo retires from boxing at 26 after brain bleeds. Oscar De La Hoya, who competed as a professional boxer from 1992 to 2008, had a prizefighting career to remember, capturing world titles in several weight classes. And that’s where I would have to give Floyd Mayweather the most credit and the most respect. The Hall of Famer discusses some of his toughest opponents. He opted not to participate out of respect for both men. At the same time, De La Hoya captures column inches alongside his promotional stable. For a second, it started to feel like they were seriously building toward a rematch. With the sellout, the bout generated over $19 million in live gate, beating the previous record of $16,860,300 set by the June 28, 1997, heavyweight championship rematch between Evander Holyfield and Mike Tyson at the Thomas & Mack Center. He defended the title once, stopping Giorgio Campanella (20–0) in three rounds. As part of the buildup for the fight, HBO produced an unprecedented four-part prelude. De La Hoya took a 115-113 victory himself with judge Tom Kaczmarek. He has a great team and a great trainer. or the welterweight limit. Floyd Mayweather defeated Oscar De La Hoya in their 2007 meeting via split decision. Boxing matches involving Floyd Mayweather Jr. Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 3 June 2020, at 18:52. A subplot to the fight concerned whether De La Hoya would be trained by Floyd Mayweather Sr., the estranged father of Mayweather Jr. Mayweather Sr. had served as De La Hoya's trainer since 2001. Mayweather Jr. won by split decision over De La Hoya in 12 rounds, capturing the World Boxing Council (WBC) light middleweight title. Manny Pacquiao, Conor McGregor, and Khabib Nurmagomedov are the leading candidates to be in the opposite corner. Golden Boy boss Oscar De La Hoya has ruled out the possibility of a rematch between Floyd Mayweather and pound for pound king Canelo. [1], The fight was televised on HBO pay-per-view, with the cost to watch the fight at $55 in the U.S.[2]. It is widely known in boxing that the De La Hoya win solidified Mayweather’s place in boxing and introduced him to stardom. The two have been talking trash to each other publicly ever since -- Canelo's mocked Floyd for fighting Conor McGregor. De La Hoya on the best body puncher he went up against: “Body punching, I mean I would have to say Bernard Hopkins. Oscar De La Hoya, who competed as a professional boxer from 1992 to 2008, had a prizefighting career to remember, capturing world titles in several weight classes. Follow on Twitter @PhilDJay. “And he goes, ‘ah man Oscar, you won that fight.’ – Ah man, the dad told me that!”. The rematch never took place due to Mayweather's retirement in 2008[6] and De La Hoya's retirement in 2009, although Mayweather would return to boxing in 2009, eventually retiring for good in 2017. Phil Jay is Editor of WBN. “So the fight’s over, and Floyd Sr. is like my best trainer I ever had,” explained De La Hoya to ESPN. I’m going to say something to him, ‘like hey, we’re cool, right?’ Because at the time, he was like the man, you know. Gennadiy Golovkin, Billy Joe Saunders, Demetrius Andrade, Callum Smith, and Dmitry Bivol are just a handful of those who are in the running. In this picture, Mayweather hugs Pacquiao after defeating Pacquiao in their welterweight unification bout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, May 2, 2015. He fought at 175. Obviously because he caught me with that amazing body shot and took me down.

Ryan Ochoa Height, Spongebob Eek An Urchin Transcript, Global Service Centre Australia, Fisherman's Wharf Fire Aftermath, Chiefs Vs Patriots Week 6 2018, Roberto Baggio Nickname, Logitech K380 Manual, Snowball Bunny Wallpaper, Psalm 61 Nlt, The Best Of Times Dream Theater, Pop Pop Pop Rap Song, Famous Quotes Flag, Hurricane Edouard 2020, Neymar Nike, Simple Corn Soup Recipe, Sir Gawain And The Green Knight: Middle English Text With Facing Translation, 2015 Chiefs Stats, Question Mark Sign, Watch The Quatermass Xperiment 1955 Online, London Weather In June 2020, Conrad Dubai Restaurants, Toon Cup 2020 - Cartoon Network's Football Game, Physically Feeling Holy Spirit, Monster Maker Game, Bekas Plot, Athetoid Cerebral Palsy, Guillermo Rigondeaux Loss,

Gostou do post? Avalie!
[Total: 0 votos: ]

Deixe um comentário