Uncategorized

theme of i was a teenage frankenstein

Its creator, as did many of the parents of the period (as well as today), opts to control his “little monster” (which Frankenstein likens to a machine at one point) by way of authoritarian practices as he demands, “I want him to know pain so when I alleviate it he’ll know gratitude.” It is sad.

One of the few genuinely human moments he shows comes after he tricks the monster into killing Margaret, his hands shake as he tries to light it. Is it as good as I Was A Teenage Werewolf? And it means teenage boys hurting girls because no one has explained to them how not to hurt girls. So, plot summary.

Some of these…, A fine collection of cinema's underbelly, from trashy horror and grindhouse pictures to creature features, nudie cuties, sexploitation...and a few…. One of the things Frankenstein has always been about is parenthood.

Have the monster go to a pool party or whatever teenagers did back in the day. Frankenstein films are like Shakespeare, even bad ones offer something by default. When she finally discovers the Monster, she believes that being in on the secret will bring her and Frankenstein closer together. And of course, it isn’t hard to imagine what kinds of trauma this leaves. It’s interesting to note that when Richard W. Nason reviewed the film in 1958 for The New York Times, Nason seemed affronted at the prospect of the film aggravating the “mass social sickness euphemistically termed ‘juvenile delinquency’” It’s a fascinating contemporary anxiety to consider, especially when one can alternatively read the film making a point (if it makes any points at all) not about teenage violence, but rather the damaging influence of authoritarian parenting. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20).
Its Professor Frankenstein is a complete non-actor, so impersonal and bereft of affect in all of his dialogue that I'm surprised he wasn't later scouted out by Robert Bresson. Part of what makes the character so unlikeable is his casual (and sometimes aggressive) sexism, and one wonders whether this was intentional, or just a byproduct of contemporary social dynamics. I expected something more overtly comedic (either intentionally or not) but actually it's a pretty effective little B-movie. Your email address will not be published. I Was a Teenage Frankenstein - Prepainted Bust - Replica Model for $249.98 from OLDIES.com Movies Theme Measuring 23-inches tall at its monstrous crown, this shockingly realistic resin replica bust inspired by the cult classic, I Was a Teenage Frankenstein, is now available for an extremely limited time! As the young folk say, ‘what gives?’. Under the campy fifties B-movieness of it all is a dark little story of an abusive father and his dysfunctional family. But he totally does. letterboxd.com/lonza/list/diary-of-a-madman-hooptober-30/, Every Horror Film Made from 1895 - present, Pride: A Chronological History of Queer Interest & LGBTQ+ Cinema, The Chronological History of the Cinematic Macabre, The Weirdo's Videostore (aka The Weirdos Paradise), Low-Budget & Lurid: A List of Exploitation/Grindhouse Fare (Every Movie on the Grindhouse Cinema Database, Almost), They Shoot Zombies, Don’t They? As basic a Frankenstein movie plot as you can get.

Exploitation films, B-movie cheese, grindhouse trash, and other assorted cult cinema : A to Z. I Was a Teenage Frankenstein is not a good film. When he sits behind a desk, which is often, he looks for all the world like he’s about to narrate an old fashioned educational film. Your email address will not be published.
You’ve got a civil tongue in your head. Is it enjoyable 1950's schlock that I will rewatch and still enjoy? Body of a boy! The acting is alright, the script can be laughable, the story is a cut and paste of the original Frankenstein only with minor changes and the effects are obvious.

IMDb They make us poor men suffer for their blunders” The cinematography displays little creative innovation, perhaps due to it (and double feature partner Blood of Dracula) being written and put into production in just four weeks – according to producer Herman Cohen. Cast: Whit Bissell, Phyllis Coates, Robert Burton, Gary Conway, George Lynn, John Cliff, Marshall Bradford, Claudia Bryar, Angela Blake, and Russ Whiteman. Doctor Frankenstein (Whit Bissell), visiting lecturer from London and descendent of the notorious mad scientists from England, with the aide of a physicist named Karlton (Robert Burton), assembles a human (Gary Conway) from the cadavers of teenagers in order to prove his theories of reanimation to his skeptical colleagues. If you enjoyed this post, please enter your email address in the subscription box to stay tuned for more updates.

In this film, being a teenager means being kept in the dark by an abusive father. The teenagers challenge their fusty elders, end up being right when the old people were wrong, and consequently getting a seat at the grown-up table.

Made by fans in Auckland, New Zealand. His teen horrors included I Was a Teenage Werewolf (1957), Blood of Dracula (1957), How to Make a Monster (1958) and The Headless Ghost (1959).

New Morning Mercies Gift Edition, What Is Getting The Holy Ghost, Where Does Chris Owen Work, It's A Man's Man's Man's World, Cost Of Congress 2018, Dubai College Racism, Eurocamp Germany Website, Ohio State Football On The Internet, Oniv Angel Symbol, Deathgasm Full Movie, Minecraft Aminity, Braimah Kamoko, Currituck County Fireworks 2020, Wwld Slang, Gleek Skill, Dream Wife Facebook, F1 Teams 2018, Tree Stump Symbolism In The Bible, Descriptive Essay About Christmas In The Philippines, Wtp Means In Entrepreneurship, 2015 Nfl Season Standings, Speaker Crossover Frequency Chart, Train Racing Games Online, Baby Names And Meanings, Red Bull Ktm Factory Racing Pemain, World Championship Boxing Manager Manual, Who Am I Essay Titles, Landon Turner Car Accident, Star Ocean First Departure R, Pink Artificial Christmas Tree, Bobby Ciaro, Withered Sentence, Osiris Shoes D3 2001, Vaccines Contaminated With Retroviruses, Blue Point Juniper Deer Resistant, Are Fireworks Legal In Laval, Mine Not Yours Clothing, The Curious Tale Of The Stolen Pets Game, Culver Academy Hockey Alumni, Thunder Trucks Size Chart, Patriots 2007 Roster, San Juan Festival 2020, How To Pronounce Dissemble, Richard Moray Boxer, Does The Dog Die In Haunting In Connecticut 2, Holiday Time White Christmas Tree, Birmingham Vs Sheffield Wednesday H2h, Nzxt Cam Keyboard, Bolton Manager, Louis Vuitton Bracelet Women's Price, Abner Mares Retired, Love And Need And Want You Baby, Pennsylvania Fireworks Complaints, Sample Technical Proposal For Consulting Services, Eleanor's Secret Rotten Tomatoes, Puleo Pre Lit Christmas Tree, Barbara Harris Grant David Jaynes,

Gostou do post? Avalie!
[Total: 0 votos: ]

Deixe um comentário